Computer Science and ICT Teacher (Maternity Cover)
The Principal invites enthusiastic and well-qualified Computer Science graduates to apply for the position of Computer Science and ICT Teacher starting in September 2018. DLD College London is an independent co-educational College situated in the heart of London overlooking Westminster and the river Thames. There are around 500 students from 52 different countries and over 250 boarders.
About the Alpha Plus Group
DLD was founded in 1931 and is part of the Alpha Plus Group of schools and colleges. DLD College aims to maintain a 'gold standard' of educational quality. Classes are small, enabling students and teachers to focus upon the most effective ways of learning. The College offers exceptional teaching accommodation and resources.
A Centre of Excellence
We have a fantastic track record of supporting students to achieve the A-Level, BTECs (Level 3 & 4) and GCSE results they need, enabling them to move onto university courses of their choice. We also offer a successful International Foundation Programme together with Pre-sessional Programmes.
Purpose of the post
To work with the Head of Faculty and the Vice Principal Academic in order to ensure that the highest academic, professional and ethical standards are maintained at all times.
Personal Specification & Skills
- Qualifications: A good honours degree in an appropriate subject. Desirable: Teaching qualification and/or other post graduate qualification
- Expertise and academic competence; the ability to seek, review and apply best practice. A minimum of two years’ teaching experience for those without a teaching qualification. We accept applications from NQTs and provide a programme to support their Statutory Induction year at the college.
- Personal effectiveness; good time management, ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines; good communication, presentation and planning skills.
- Commitment; to on-going professional development and training to develop outstanding classroom practice.
- To be able to engage with and be proficient in the use of technology.
- Demonstrate a commitment to high quality teaching and learning by supporting initiatives within the Faculty.
Each teacher should always:
- set excellent standards of punctuality, speech and manner.
- dress in a professional manner.
- seek to make the classroom and college environment friendly and stimulating.
- issue instructions clearly and without ambiguity.
- listen to students and stimulate dialogue. Always seek to encourage students and never humiliate them.
- deal promptly with any aspect of student behaviour that is to the detriment of the development of other students in the group or the college as a whole.
- ensure that the classroom is always neat, tidy, safe and a pleasant place to work in, being attentive to the overall security of the college premises.
- Immediately report to a senior member of staff any sighting of unauthorised persons in the building.
Closing date for applications: Friday 15th June 2018 at 12pm
Interviews: Wednesday 20th June 2018
DLD College is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity. DLD College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate checks including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check as well as providing proof of your right to work in the UK.