IGCSE + A-level Computer Science Teacher sought for August 2019, International School in Slovenia
The British International School of Ljubljana offers a traditional British education in the beautiful Slovenian capital, with a personalised approach to learning which enables each child to achieve beyond their perceived potential. Their ethos is to instill a passion for learning amongst their young learners within this uniquely international setting.
Following the English National Curriculum, their school currently welcomes students aged 2 to 18 from over 40 different countries. As such, their school has one of the most varied international student bodies in Slovenia, which, as well as providing a stimulating and cosmopolitan environment, also means that English is truly the common language, spoken throughout the school by all students and staff alike.
Their older students in Secondary School will sit IGCSE and A-Level examinations, which are considered gold standard qualifications as far as university admittance is concerned.
BISL is an accredited member of the Council of British International Schools (COBIS) – the premier global association for international British schools overseas; is a member of the Council of International Schools (CIS) – a membership community that works together to shape international education through professional services to schools; and is also a Cambridge International School – following Cambridge programmes and qualifications that set the global standard for international education.
- Salary scale: starts from €30 000 EUR /year, before tax (depending on degree, teaching certificate, experience). Slovenian income tax prepayment calculation is made according to the income tax rate as defined in the tax schedule (from 16% to 50%).
- Travel allowance
- Food allowance
- 2 bonuses / year €1600 EUR tax free.
- The Slovenian State offers extreme high quality of medical insurance
- Offer language courses (10 week course)
- Offer CPD - Professional Development courses
- NQT teachers welcome - School can accommodate gaining QTS
- Free tuition for dependents
- Min. BA in Relevant Subject (Computer Science, IT,..)
- Teaching qualification (PGCE or other)
- Min. 2 years of teaching experience
- Right to work in EU via work permit or EU passport
- Native level English speaker
- UK Curriculum or Cambridge International Curriculum experience
How to apply:
Please apply via the 'Quick Apply' button and make sure you have completed all the required details. You can also attach your personal CV.
For more information:
Please contact Laura Ooms from the Tes smartMatch Team firstname.lastname@example.org and/or download the attachments.