Are you a passionate, enthusiastic and experienced teacher of Computing and Computer Science? Do you also have the ability to teach and inspire a love of Maths?
Then you are just who we are looking for!
Exciting opportunities have come with growth here at The British School of Lanzarote and we are seeking positive, dynamic professionals to join our hardworking, highly motivated and happy family here on the beautiful island of Lanzarote in September 2021.
Founded in 1985, The British School of Lanzarote is now home to 230 students and families and 40 staff members. With strong family values and an emphasis on bilingual learning, our school has built a fantastic reputation as a leading independent school on the island. We pride ourselves on our holistic approach with a clear focus on progress, success and well being for all members of our community. Using the National Curriculum and building in International and Personal learning elements, the school guides their learners towards international qualifications at Key Stage 4. With our recent expansion of an A Level department offering international As and A Levels, the school is growing and looking to build on our team of passionate, creative and dedicated teachers.
Being part of our team offers:
• A great work life balance
• An opportunity to live in the beautiful Canary Islands, rich in culture and adventure
• A competitive local salary
• Class sizes of 21 and under
• Keen and enthusiastic learners
• Positive home school relationships
• Value and progression
• An emphasis on community and celebration
• Regular INSET and CPD
• Supportive and experienced leaders and colleagues
• An open, positive and collaborative working environment
What we are looking for:
• Motivated and inspirational teachers, who use ongoing assessment and reflection to inform the planning of creative, engaging and challenging learning opportunities
• Full QTS preferably from a UK provider
• Experience teaching from The British National Curriculum, and The Cambridge International Curriculum across Key Stage 3 and 4
- Ability to guide and coach students through iGCSE Computer Science
• Fluent and quality use of English.
• Experience of and willingness to actively participate in the pastoral and enriched life of the school community
• A growth mind set and passion for education.
• An interest in educational research and the ever changing needs of our learners and the world around them
• A true professional who thrives on implementing professional standards to the highest levels.
• A consistent and confident practitioner who is open and reflective.
• A genuine team player who is happy to contribute and lead initiatives across the school
• Knowledge of Spanish, or willingness to learn Spanish would be an advantage.
• UK candidates will require Spanish Residency, NIE / TIE to apply (Post Brexit)
Please fill in the TES application ensuring you add your up to date CV with photograph and a letter of application by email to email@example.com
Only those candidates who have been shortlisted will be contacted. We reserve the right to make an appointment before the advert closing date if the right candidate is found.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks.
We look forward to hearing from you.
British School of Lanzarote - BSL
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years