Applications are invited for Computing Studies Coordinator teaching for Independent school located in the Sydney’s Eastern Suburbs. It is a coeducational school that caters for Pre-School to Year 12. It has built a reputation for its very strong academic, as well as music, drama, debating, chess and sporting program. The school continually enhances their learning and recreational facilities, proving students with outstanding opportunities to grow and develop their unique skills and talents and to achieve success while contributing actively to the life of the school.
About the Role:
• Full time, Permanent role commencing Term 1, 2020 (earlier start for the right candidate)
• Responsible for teaching and coordinating Computing Studies across Years 7-12
• Must have experience teaching Stage 6 Software Design and Development (SDD) and Stages 4 and 5 Information Software Technology (IST) and knowledge of the Stage 4 Technology (Mandatory) Digital Technologies
• Be innovative with a capacity to support digital technologies and maker-centred learning
• Sharing your love of learning, inspiring students to be digitally literate, critical and deep thinkers, as well as problem solvers and responsible contributors to the global community
• Applicants must have relevant industry experience, and use this to enhance your knowledge of the role that technology plays in real-world innovation
• Promote project-based learning and real-world scenarios play in enabling student to collaborate on problems and develop the team and communication skills that are valued in industry
Benefits of Registering with Smart Teachers:
• Completely free service
• Gain access to exclusively listed positions
• Full disclosure on the role before your application goes to a school
• Smart is powered by Tes, the world’s largest education community that provides curriculum resources, career support and more!
• Applicants must have previous experience in a similar role preferably in a NSW school
• Applicants must have previous extensive teaching Stage 6 teaching SDD and Stages 4 and 5 IST in NSW
• Provide a minimum of three professional references
• Be registered or have the ability to be registered with New South Wales Education Standards Authority (NESA) and hold a NSW Working with Children Check (WWCC)
• Have the right to work in Australia
Please reply to express interest. Due to time constraints, only short listed applicants will be contacted with more information.
Fast track your application:
• If you are in Australia or New Zealand, email your CV to Sandy, quoting job reference #WEB1909-539335SL– firstname.lastname@example.org
• If you are currently overseas, email your CV to Monet quoting job reference #WEB1909-539335MH – email@example.com
• To join our global education community, Click Apply now and you will also receive free access to the world’s largest education jobs database, curriculum resources, career support and much more!
If you’re not keen on this great job but know someone who is, just have them contact us and mention your name; this will ensure if they secure the job you will receive a $250.00 gift card as per our referral scheme (T&Cs apply).