The IB Coordinator :
- Fulfills an important management role with responsibility for the effective organization of a curriculum programme and contributing to policy formation.
- Ensures the philosophy of the IB Learner Profile and ATLs are the central foci of the curriculum throughout the IBDP programme.
- Promoting the IB Diploma Programme, its philosophy and aims to the wider school community, increasing its uptake by students in the sixth form
- Providing helpful and comprehensive information on the IBDP to parents and students both before choosing and while studying the programme
- Recruiting and appointing suitably qualified and skilled teachers for the IBDP, in collaboration with the Head of Secondary
- Coordinating the induction of teachers who are new to the IBDP and ensuring their successful adoption of IB approaches to Teaching and Learning
- Identifying PD opportunities and IB training for staff in the programme
- Actively promote the IBDP throughout the school and in the community by taking appropriate initiatives
- Ensuring the quality of provision in all aspects of the programme
- Establishing critical and meaningful links with the IB, with other IB schools in the region to further develop the IBDP and opportunities for its enhancement
- Maintaining IB publications and school records according to the guidelines of the IB
- Ensuring that the school complies fully and punctually with all IB requirements and deadlines
- Managing and notifying the business office of all payments and costs
- Leading the school five-year review and consulting with the IB
- Acting as an organized and effective member of the school’s Secondary Leadership Team
- Assisting with the daily administration in the Secondary School
- Planning Secondary School continuous improvement in collaboration with the Secondary Leadership Team
- In conjunction with the Head of Secondary, Deputy Head and Student Support Coordinator, develop and oversee the admissions procedure to the IBDP
- Managing and overseeing the provision of subject options, student option choices and the timetabling of them for the IBDP.
- Ensuring quality control of schemes of work in each department through liaising with the HOD’s and using the managebac platform
- Assist students in selecting and writing application for their university placements in conjunction with the academic counselling team
- In conjunction with Deputy HOS and Head of the Sixth Form assist in organising the High School graduation ceremony.
- To undertake tasks associated with the daily running of the IBDP
- To promote the professional autonomy of all staff, in order that they may carry out their duties and responsibilities effectively
- To support effective learning for all IBDP students
- To organize parent conferences, assemblies, open days, etc. as required by the Head of Secondary
- To be available for supervision and on-call duty during class time as required of all senior leadership staff
- To liaise with parents in order to support teachers and students
- To be responsible for creating an effective academic calendar for assessment and reporting to maximize learning time and manage workload for all IBDP students and teachers
- To liaise closely with Deputy Head-Pastoral and the Student Support Coordinator to ensure all students have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Key attributes, qualifications and experience
- The successful candidate will have and demonstrate
- At least 5 years’ experience in the IBDP as a teacher
- Experience as a Head of Department or a similar leadership role in the IBDP
- Experience as an examiner, workshop leader or other senior IB role would be a strong advantage
- Experience of curriculum development and staff performance development
- A strong sense of values coupled with a strong understanding of the school’s mission, vision and aims
- A high level of organization, energy and drive to achieve the best outcomes for students
- A high level of openness and honesty in working with colleagues
- A strong sense of teamwork
- The ability to think quickly, respond to situations and be consistent in decision-making.
- An attractive employment package that includes tax free salary, free accommodation, free utilities and medical insurance, end of service gratuity and annual return flights to the home country
- A supportive teaching environment with a commitment to Professional Development
- The opportunity to live and work in a wonderful and liberal part of UAE with an amazing cultural and geographical past
The Recruitment Process
Candidates interested in applying must provide the following:
- A completed application form
- Letter of application, stating why they are the best candidate for the role, addressing the criteria and responsibilities outlined above.
- Contact details for three referees, who must be direct line managers/supervisors. At least one must be from the candidate’s current school.
The deadline for applications is Thursday 15th March
Candidates will be shortlisted for telephone/video call interviews, with final face-to-face interviews to be held subsequently
Please contact the PA to the Head of Secondary with any queries that you may have regarding the positions advertised: email@example.com