Status: Full Time
Closing Date: 16 Nov 2018
Catholic Education in the Diocese of Rockhampton invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced applicants for the position of Counselling Services Coordinator.
The Counselling Services Coordinator is to ensure that high quality counselling services are present in all schools and colleges in the diocese. The role holder will provide leadership and support in the area of counselling to educational communities in the Diocese of Rockhampton by:
- providing direction, advice and practical support to counsellors working in schools and colleges
- offering advice, and providing professional opinion to, the Director, CEO staff, principals and other colleagues as appropriate
- monitoring the quality of counselling services in all schools and colleges with a view to delivering the best quality service possible
- developing, maintaining and implementing documentation relevant to counselling
- ensuring professional knowledge, skills, interactions and networks of counsellors are promoted and advanced
- being future oriented, considering possible advancements and directions for counselling services in Catholic schools
Please address the following selection criteria by providing a succinct, one paragraph response.
- A commitment to the ethos and values of Catholic schools.
- Demonstrated experience as a counsellor and extensive knowledge of counselling issues.
- Demonstrated experience as a leader, innovator and problem solver.
- Demonstrated high level communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Desirable: Previous experience working within an educational environment is advantageous.
The successful applicant will have:
- a commitment to the ethos and values of Catholic schools
- tertiary qualifications relevant to the area of counselling
- a valid “positive notice blue card” issued under the Commission for Children and Young People and Child Guardian Act 2000 as amended from time to time OR current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
Applications close Friday, 16 November 2018.
Catholic Education is committed to best practice in student protection policies and procedures and is an equal opportunity employer.
Existing not to be different, but to make a difference.
To assist with your application please provide the following details in order to download the Senior Leadership application form.