Nower Hill High School
- Job type:
- Full Time, Permanent
- Start date:
- September 2018
- Apply by:
- 21 February 2018
Scale H10, £36,372 pa which pro rata is £30,970 pa 36 hours per week term time only.
To start in September 2018, we require a compassionate, resilient and understanding counsellor to provide support to our students with a range of emotional and mental health issues. This promises to be a very rewarding role as part of an outstanding pastoral team.
Working under the direction of the Deputy Headteacher for Student Support, the Counsellor will provide a vital service to our diverse student community. A caring and common sense approach is important, along with commitment to and enthusiasm for the welfare of young people and child protection.
Nower Hill is a high achieving co-educational, multicultural school. We have high all round standards and a warm, supportive environment
Details and application form available from our website http://www.nowerhill.org.uk/support-staff-vacancies2/87827.html
Please provide a letter (max 1 side A4) explaining why you are suited to the role, with your completed application form.
Closing date: 9am Wednesday 21st February 2018
Committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
About Nower Hill High School
- Nower Hill High School
- George V Avenue, Pinner
- HA5 5RP
- United Kingdom
Nower Hill High School is a fantastic place to work and develop as a teacher. We’d love you to come and join us!
- A dynamic place to work
- Comprehensive Professional Development and training opportunities
- Staff well-being service ( ESP’s Employee Assistance Programme )
- A comfortable and well-resourced working environment
- A highly skilled, professional and inspirational staff
- A diverse, ambitious and inspirational student body
- An aspirational community of local families
- Excellent facilities
- Excellent in-school career advancement opportunities
- Free fitness suite membership
- On site qualified nurse and counsellor. Free annual flu vaccinations
- Excellent student support systems
- A programme of staff social events
- A very supportive Leadership Team
- Competitive London pay scales
- Excellent holidays
- Generous pension scheme
- The option of a school place for children of staff
- A very supportive Governing Body
- A thriving extra-curricular activities and trips programme
- On site catering facilities and outlets
- Excellent public transport links into Central London
- Local shops within walking distance
- An Ofsted rating of ‘Outstanding’ in all 5 categories
Hear what some of our recently appointed staff have to say about working here:
Halima, Science Teacher
“I was welcomed at NHHS as a trainee teacher and was amazed at the level of support I received on my journey to becoming a qualified teacher.. The staff are very supportive and always willing to help and the regular CPD opportunities that the school provides have ensured my ongoing development as a teacher.The students are very hard-working, enthusiastic and keen to learn which creates a very positive learning environment and makes them a pleasure to teach.”
Dmitry, Humanities Teacher
“The environment created by the friendly, polite and courteous student population as well as the warm welcomes I received by staff upon my initial arrival made it such an easy place to feel as an important part of a community based on academic excellence.”
Aisling, Art Teacher
“Joining Nower Hill School as an NQT I was made very welcome by my department. The teachers are very enthusiastic and always work as a team, offering me support and guidance. What I noticed most about Nower Hill pupils was how proud they were of the school. I saw how much they genuinely enjoyed their lessons, they are wonderful pupils to teach.”
Sajid, Teacher of Philosophy, Religion and Ethics
“The school has an excellent induction programme for new teachers and you will find a very supportive environment with welcoming friendly staff, willing to care for your development. CPD at Nower Hill is personalised to allow teachers to develop their own teaching interests which will benefit both you and your department and faculty. Our students are joyful to teach. I have found that they are polite, well-mannered and in lessons enthusiastic, focussed and motivated towards success.”
Nower Hill is a happy, hardworking school. I do hope that you want to come and join us
I look forward to hearing from you.
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes' Fair Recruitment Policy.