Are you interested in working in a classroom setting with students in a school that is improving and increasing at a significant rate?
We are seeking a motivated person to join our Cover Supervisor Team. Cover Supervisors are responsible for the management of classes when the regular teacher is absent, ensuring that learning is taking place and all students are making progress. You will be required to oversee classes across the full range of subjects although individual strengths will be utilised where possible. When cover is not required Covers Supervisors support in a range of other activities such as development of teaching resources in individual curriculum areas, creating display boards across the school or assisting the SEN Department.
Flexibility in your approach, resilience, good listening and communication skills, having a positive attitude to young people and good organisational skills are required. Previous experience would be an advantage but not essential as training will be given.
Working as a cover supervisor is an excellent route into teaching and getting you used to the classroom environment. We welcome anyone who is interested in becoming a teacher either as a first career or a career change.
What we can offer you:
• A very well-resourced and well led school
• Personalised, supportive continuing professional development
• Support so that you can flourish and be the best you can possibly be, whichever stage in your career
• Strong collegiate atmosphere
• Supportive and thorough induction programme • A primary school with nursery provision
• Outstanding specialist facilities in all rooms
• A strong senior leadership team
• 5 minute walk to a direct rail link to London Marylebone (40 minutes)
• State of the art gym available for staff use
Quotations from the recent Ofsted visit January 2018:
• “The executive principal is determined that pupils leave the school as well-qualified, confident young men and women able to make the most of the opportunities available to them.”
• “The school continues to get better in all areas of its work.” • “Subject leaders confirm that senior leaders give them strong support.”
• “The new chair of the governing body leads the governing body with energy and insight.”
• “New teachers settle in quickly.”
• “Teachers regularly go the extra mile to support their pupils.”
• “The school is a calm, orderly and often studious environment.”
• “Across the school, most pupils try their best and relationships between teachers and pupils are warm.”
• “Pupils are increasingly ambitious for their own futures and are keen to do well.”
The Academy is at an exciting stage of development with an experienced Executive Principal. In Ofsted’s visit, November 2016, they made the following observations; ‘Leadership has improved dramatically since the new Executive Principal joined the school in April 2016’. ‘The new Executive Principal has already tackled successfully poor attendance, punctuality and unacceptable behaviour’.
The school is already improving at a rapid pace and this is a career defining opportunity for those who can play a pivotal role in enhancing the life chances of children and young people. The Academy, sponsored by the Diocese of Oxford, moved into new purpose built accommodation in September 2013 and is benefitting from state of the art facilities and teaching. Situated on the new Berryfields housing development, the Academy (with Berryfields Primary School) is set to increase its roll in the new few years.
For further information contact Mrs E Perrin, EA to the Executive Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01296 428551. Closing Date: Friday, 15 June 2018
Our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children will be reflected throughout the recruitment process and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.