The Douay Martyrs Catholic Secondary School are currently recruiting for 2 Cover Supervisor's to join us as soon as possible. You will be expected to supervise classes when teachers are absent, invigilate during exams and assist with administration tasks.
The successful candidate will:
- Possess a calm, confident and assertive manner and have the ability to relate well to young people to support learning.
- In addition you will have a sound educational background and strong IT and organisation skills.
- We would welcome applications from candidates considering a career in teaching.
Training will be provided. We would welcome applications from colleagues able to lead Extra-curricular clubs and/or enrichment activities for students.
Why work for The Douay Martyrs Catholic Secondary School:
- The School has a strong and inclusive Catholic Ethos summarised by the phrase “Walk with me”.
- Fantastic support from your line managers and SLT who genuinely want to see you succeed and thrive.
Our school has excellent transport links and is minutes away from the Piccadilly, Metropolitan and Central tube lines and is on the local bus route. We are located close by to the A40, M25 and M40 Motorways.
- Staff are encouraged to join in Extra-Curricular activities and School visits, some overseas, are a strong feature of school life.
- Our school is a popular, oversubscribed and ambitious with highly supportive and collaborative staff.
- The School has a strong record in supporting previous Cover Supervisors to embark on teacher training.
Here’s what Ofsted have to say:
“The Leadership and management of the school is outstanding”.
“The strong Catholic ethos of the school helps to effectively promote students, spiritual, moral, social and cultural development at the school”
“Students’ behaviour around the school is exemplary”
“The headteacher and his senior leadership team work closely together and have a relentless focus on school improvement”
Visits to the School are warmly welcomed, please contact Mrs Gill Johnston, Headteacher's PA on 01895 679400 to arrange a convenient time.
‘We believe in the safeguarding and welfare of children and expect all staff to share this view’.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer.