For many young people, for generations to come, Medway UTC is the provider of an exciting blend of education specialising in the Engineering, Construction and Design industries, which is supported by an extensive network of employer organisations operating in these areas.
We are looking to appoint a Cover Supervisor with good interpersonal and Behaviour Management skills who is keen to begin a career in teaching.
The successful applicant will:
- Deliver effective, engaging lessons to students based on lesson plans and materials provided by absent classroom teachers.
- In emergency cover situations be responsible for planning and preparing lessons/learning activities and to delivering these in whole classes and small groups.
- Contribute to the behavioural philosophy of the school, cultivating a safe and respectful learning environment.
- Provide assistance in the administration of lesson cover including recording staff absences.
- Establish and maintain appropriate records of the pupils' progress and investigate, as appropriate, the cause of any failure to meet targets set.
- Report pupil and school issues in line with the School’s policies for health and safety, child protection, behaviour management etc
- Attend meetings and training sessions as required.
- Be involved in extra-curricular activities, e.g. open days and presentation evenings.
An interest in our specialist subjects, Engineering and Construction, is an advantage.
Please contact the school directly if you're interested in setting up an informal meeting and tour with the Principal before application. Please contact Jade Legge, EA to the Principal, on 01634 505800 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Medway UTC first opened its doors in September 2015 for year 10 and year 12 students. Through employer partnerships, Medway UTC is a school that offers each student the opportunity of clear employment routes, whilst providing a strong traditional education. At Medway UTC, students are developed to be employable young professionals.
If you believe you have the required skills and experience to be part of the team driving forward the outcomes for young engineers, we want to hear from you. Please click on the 'Apply Now' button.