We are looking to add to our team a Cover Supervisor, who will allocate and supervise set work and maintain good discipline in the classroom during short term teacher absences. This is a vital and valued role in the school, helping to ensure familiarity and continuity of provision for students across all age groups.
You will have:
- Experience in working with young people in an education setting
- Commitment to working flexibly outside of normal school hours
- Ability to use ICT confidently and cover classes when required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A strong commitment to the Trust STAR values
You will find an organisation that:
- is passionate about its vision of ‘Nurturing Today’s Young People, Inspiring Tomorrow’s Leaders’
- has a supportive ethos and concern for the well-being of all members of our community
- has high ambitions for all and provides excellent opportunities for professional development
- is well-ordered with high standards of commitment
Why work at Bay Leadership Academy?
We are a mixed, 11-19 Academy and sixth form college serving the Heysham, Morecambe and Lancaster areas. We encourage our pupils to believe that with hard work, anything is possible, and we expect the highest standards of behaviour and academic effort – and the utmost dedication from our teaching and support staff – to ensure we deliver on our mission of educational excellence, character development and service to communities.
All of Star schools inspected to date have been rated ‘Outstanding’ by OFSTED and two of our secondary schools were ranked 1 and 3 in the 2016 and 2017 national ‘Progress 8’ league tables. The Trust is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Please contact Georgina Mackie email at (firstname.lastname@example.org) or telephone 01524- 416-830 if you would like an informal and confidential discussion regarding the role.
Closing date: Sunday, 27 January 2019 at midnight
Star Academies is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. This post is subject to satisfactory clearances including; references, Enhanced DBS disclosure, health clearance and proof of eligibility to work in the UK in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996.