37 hours per week / 39 weeks, term time only
We are seeking to appoint a Cover Supervisor to join our staff. The opportunity has arisen due to our growth as a result of age range change. The successful candidate will be able to support, advise, guide and supervise pupils throughout the school day, supporting classes in the absence of timetabled staff and supervising delivery of the cover work, with the primary focus of maintaining good order and ensuring students are on task so that learning can take place. We require an individual who will embrace the ethos of the College. Responsibilities will include;
- Supervising learning and supporting with form time activities, break time duties, lunchtime duties
- Overseeing the collection and organisation of appropriate resources needed to effectively deliver the cover lessons
- Supporting students in small groups or individually, as required
- Supervising students and helping staff on school visits and trips as required
We are seeking an individual who Is an excellent role model for young people, reinforces our culture of high aspirations and expectations, has excellent organisational skills, interpersonal and communication skills, is able to work under their own initiative, shows a commitment to the safeguarding and pastoral care of young people, is able to foster positive attitudes towards learning
The appointed person will join a small and supportive team of staff and be able to make positive contributions to the development of the College.
Further information is available on our website www.castledonington.leics.sch.uk
1. Complete the application form and attach a letter of application, no more than two sides of A4, which sets out your experience to date and what you feel you can contribute to the post.
2. Email the application form and letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Post in an envelope clearly marked ‘Cover Supervisor’ to: Lorraine Deley, Principal’s PA, Castle Donington College, Mount Pleasant, Castle Donington, Derby, DE74 2LN
Closing date: 25th June 2018 9.00am
Interview date: 3rd July 2018