Job start: September 2018
Contract term: Permanent
37.5 hours per week, term time only (39 weeks)
Northampton Academy is currently looking to recruit a Cover Supervisor. We are looking for an enthusiastic, innovative and resilient individual who will provide strong support and assistance to staff and students across the whole Academy.
The post holder will be able to demonstrate the ability to work on their own initiative, solving problems with tenacity and showing resilience throughout. You will be a team player with excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal. The post holder must have up-to-date knowledge and experience of recent legislation, development and initiatives in secondary education. Furthermore, you will have the skills to effectively and safely manage a classroom, classroom activities and any other learning space and resources available and in use.
Your main duties will include:
- Supervising and supporting students in main stream classroom work across all key stages and all areas of the curriculum.
- Confidently and consistently delivering the lesson material to a high standard.
- Liaising with teaching staff regarding work set in class and pastoral staff where necessary.
- Setting appropriate expectations and establishing productive, supportive working relationships with the students and staff, following Academy policies and procedures.
- Encouraging students to work cooperatively with yourself and others.
- Manage students’ behaviour constructively by establishing and maintaining a clear and positive framework for discipline, in line with the Academy’s behaviour policy.
- Applying Academy Praise systems consistently.
If you are the type of person who strives to meet the needs of every child then you would welcome this opportunity.
Northampton Academy is a transformational school serving a diverse community. We were proud to be judged 'good' by Ofsted in all areas in February 2016. This is a great opportunity for someone intelligent, astute and ambitious to build on this foundation towards excellence and help us as we strive for excellence in everything we do.
We will offer:
- An exciting role in a successful oversubscribed academy
- An opportunity to make a difference in the community
- A personal induction programme
- Ongoing professional training and development as well as networking opportunities throughout the United Learning Multi Academy Trust.
- For applicants who aspire to enter the teaching profession, opportunities are available through the United Learning Multi Academy Trust.
- A competitive salary, an on-site fitness centre, a commitment to your personal development and a flexible benefit scheme.
The post will be subject to an enhanced DBS Disclosure.
Deadline: 20th April 2018
Interviews: w/c 30th April 2018