Stoke Damerel Community College are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic cover supervisor who will play a key role in supporting students, teachers and the school as a whole. Working with the Senior Leadership and teaching teams, cover supervisors will deliver lessons and supervise students on a one to one, group or whole class level to ensure that learning objectives are achieved. As well as being a role model for students, you will also contribute to standards across the school.
- Covering lessons in the absence of the timetabled teacher
- Supervising the delivery of the cover work by effectively communicating the work set to students
- Ensuring that the required resources needed in order to effectively deliver the covered lessons are available
- Managing the behaviour of students whilst they are undertaking set work to ensure a positive learning environment
- Dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies in accordance with school policy and procedures
- Collecting completed work after lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher
Stoke Damerel Community College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All members of staff at Stoke Damerel Community College must undertake the required employment checks which include the uptake of references both professional and personal and an enhanced (DBS) disclosure.