Location: Sheffield Springs Academy, Sheffield
Salary: £15,000-20,000 dependant on experience (£18,063-£23,281.84 full time equivalent) - term time only
Closing Date: Wednesday 26 June 2019 at 9am
About the role:
We are looking to appoint a dedicated and hard-working Cover Supervisor to complement our existing team for a September start.
Main duties will be to supervise whole classes during the short-term absence of the class teacher under the guidance of work set from teaching/senior staff. This will include the implementation of work programmes, managing student behaviour and assisting students in relevant activities.
The successful candidate will:
- Be confident in their ability to manage a whole class of students within the age range 11 to 16.
- Be able to communicate appropriately and effectively with young people.
- Be able to manage behaviour in the classroom to ensure students remain engaged in set work.
- Be flexible to work throughout the school within different departments and with different age ranges on a daily basis.
What we can offer you:
- An Academy making rapid, sustained improvement year on year.
- Excellent facilities and resources.
- Access to an outstanding professional development programme including in-house MA.
- A chance to become part of one of the largest groups of academies in the country.
- Caring, dedicated and friendly students who want to learn and fulfil their potential.
- Colleagues who are supportive, friendly and who are committed to each other’s professional development.
- Opportunities to be creative and to inspire your students.
- Fully funded 3-day first aid training should you not already hold this qualification.
In return, we are looking for:
- An individual qualified to degree level or equivalent or with suitable, relevant experience.
- Someone who shares our moral purpose of ensuring that all of our young people receive the best education possible in a supportive environment from people who care about them.
- Someone who is passionate about teaching and learning and who will inspire our students to achieve their potential.
If you possess these qualities and share the Academy’s vision, then we will be delighted to hear from you. Applications are welcomed from existing Cover Supervisors, University Graduates looking at a career in teaching, qualified Teaching Assistants/HLTA or degree level educated individuals who believe in the power of education and teaching.
Please see the Job Description and Person Specification for further information.
Sheffield Springs Academy is part of United Learning, a large, and growing, group of schools aiming to offer a life changing education to children and young people across England.
Our schools work as a team and achieve more by sharing than any single school could. Our subject specialists, our Group-wide intranet, our own curriculum and our online learning portal all help us share knowledge and resource, helping to simplify work processes and manage workloads for an improved work-life balance.
As a Group, we can reward our staff better: with good career opportunities, better pay, benefits, and ultimately, the satisfaction of helping children to succeed. We invest in our staff wellbeing. Our academies each have at least eight INSET days per year (with three of those solely dedicated to planning), and an ongoing group-wide wellbeing programme. It's an ethos we call ‘the best in everyone’.
Sheffield Springs Academy is committed to safeguarding the welfare of its students and the successful appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
For more information please contact Sianne Wilson, PA, 0114 2392631, Sianne.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply online by clicking on this link.
Where support is better shared
United Learning comprises: UCST (Registered in England No: 2780748. Charity No. 1016538) and ULT (Registered in England No. 4439859. An Exempt Charity). Companies limited by guarantee. VAT number 834 8515 12. Registered address: United Learning, Worldwide House, Thorpe Wood, Peterborough, PE3 6SB.