The Governors of this popular, co-educational 11-16 school wish to appoint an experienced Cover Supervisor to cover classes in all subject areas throughout the age and ability range.
This would be a good opportunity for graduates or teaching assistants who are looking to gain experience in a secondary school to progress their career.
The successful applicant will:
• have a desire to shape the lives of young people by providing a consistent standard of education;
• be flexible enough to supervise children in a varied number of curriculum areas;
• have good communication skills with the ability to connect and engage young people;
• be able to respond quickly in a pressured situation.
Typical duties will include:
• explain and supervise the work that has been set whilst covering for absent teachers;
• manage the behaviour of pupils & maintain a constructive working environment;
• respond to pupils’ questions and deal with any immediate problems or emergencies according to school’s policies and procedures;
• collect completed work after the lesson and return it to the appropriate teacher;
• report back using school’s agreed referral procedures on the behaviour of pupils during lessons, and any issues arising;
• assist with the work of the student support team when cover is not needed.
The position is for 31 hours per week Monday to Friday term time plus five training days.