We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Cover Supervisor to deliver cover provision at Kensington Aldridge Academy. The main job of the Cover Supervisor is to manage a classroom, ensuring that students remain on task with the work they have been set by an absent teacher
- To provide classroom management of students in the absence of a teaching member of staff.
- To oversee and ensure the smooth running of extended school activities and any projects.
- To liaise with appropriate Heads of Department on work to be set for classes and on any behavioural matters.
- To help prepare, monitor and maintain a safe and secure learning environment in line with the teachers’ lesson plans.
- Manage the behaviour of pupils whilst they are undertaking this work to ensure a constructive environment.
- Deal with any immediate problems according to the school’s policies and procedures.
- Collect completed work after the lesson and pass to the appropriate teacher.
- Report, as appropriate using the school’s agreed referral procedures, on the behaviour of pupils during the class and on any problems arising.
- Registering attendance in accordance with school policy.
- To undertake administrative duties relevant to the role Academy Culture
- Support the academies’ values and ethos by contributing to the development and implementation of policies, practices and procedures
- Help create a strong academy community, characterised by consistent, orderly behaviour and caring, respectful relationships
- Help develop an academy culture and ethos that is utterly committed to achievement
- Vision aligned with KAA’s high aspirations and high expectations of self and other.
- To undertake training and development relevant to the post and in line with the Academy’s priorities.
- To maintain a presence around the school to ensure that the highest standards of behaviour and site-usage are upheld.
- To undertake other related duties which may be required from time to time within a reasonable workload.
Applications must be sent to Payal Joshi at firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am on Wednesday 21st November 2018.