Glyn School is looking to appoint a Current or Aspiring Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) to support students with additional SEND needs.
We are looking to appoint a current or aspiring Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) for 36 hours per week, 39 weeks per year (term-time only) to support students across all Key Stages within faculties in their learning.
Working alongside classroom teachers, you will provide support for students to enable them to successfully access the curriculum and learning. The successful candidate will be able to effectively support students from a range of backgrounds, with a variety of needs. The post may on occasions include leading small group intervention work, and taking whole classes in conjunction with the class teacher.
Glyn School’s SEND department plays an important role throughout the school. We are an enthusiastic and supportive department, who are committed to providing high quality teaching and support to our students. At Glyn, we have a strong focus on high aspirations and on improving outcomes for young people. Our dynamic and dedicated HLTA and LSA team is a core element of this drive and ethos.
This role requires an all- round team player, hardworking and organised with the ability to react to and work proactively in a timely and ordered fashion.
We are interested in hearing from all candidates, no matter what point in your career you are currently at and welcome flexible working arrangements.
Glyn is ideally situated just ten minutes’ walk from both Ewell East and Ewell West stations, both of which are approximately 20 minutes from Clapham Junction and within Zone 6.
- School: Glyn School, Epsom
- Start Date: September 2018
- Pay Scale: G6 on GLF Schools Support Staff Pay Scale
- Contract: Permanent, Term-time only, 36 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
- Full-time equivalent salary: £21,042 - £24,145
- Actual pro-rata salary ((based on 36 hrs per week, 39 weeks per year): £17,937 - £20,582
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to develop your career through our extensive CPD programme, whatever your level of experience. Glyn has achieved Investors in People (Silver) status demonstrating our commitment to Continuing Professional Development.
- An opportunity to contribute and grow in a well-resourced and highly successful department.
- An environment where the focus is on high quality learning.
- Flexible working arrangements.
The successful candidate will need to:
- Be an excellent and creative SEND practitioner.
- Self-motivated with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work with a range of students with varying needs.
- Experience of studying Mathematics, Science or English at A Level would be an advantage.
Glyn is a high performing school, with an Ofsted ranking of ‘Outstanding’ in 2009 and 2012. An oversubscribed 11-19 Academy, Glyn is the lead school in the successful and thriving GLF Multi-Academy Trust. We are a vibrant school for boys with 1227 students on roll (Year 7-11), and a successful mixed Sixth Form with 546 students. In 2014, we were designated a Teaching School, one of a select number that represent the most outstanding and innovative practices nationally.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview as soon as applications are received. GLF reserves the right to invite candidates for interview ahead of the closing date and withdraw this vacancy at any time if there is a good level of response. We would therefore recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.