Position: Curriculum Coordinator (US Common Core Curriculum)
Start Date: Immediate
Ensures staff have the resources and support they need to promote students’ abilities to think and create in meaningful ways through and enquiry-based, integrated curriculum in a nurturing environment. The Curriculum Coordinator oversees Department testing and ensures that the school meets mandated educational requirements.
* 4-Year Bachelor’s Degree in Education
* Master’s Degree in Curriculum Development (or equivalent) preferred
* US Teaching Qualification
* Minimum of 5 years teaching experience using the US Common Core Curriculum
* Experience in leading large-scale curriculum development and alignment projects
* Experience working with international education, diverse curricula and resources (experience in UAE would be a bonus)
* Experience of leading diverse teams.
The American School of Creative Science (ASCS) is a Sharjah based Kindergarten to grade 12 school with a population of more than 2500 students. The city of Sharjah has a population of 1.4 million, making it the third largest in the United Arab Emirates.
ASCS follows a US Common Core Standards Curriculum (the Common Core), along with the UAE’s National Curriculum in Arabic, Islamic Studies, and Social/National Studies. The school operates a “Unique Qur’an Memorization Program” and is a candidate for accreditation with NEASC.
ASCS’s Islamic environment in combination with a true American education; the interculturalism and internationalism of its students, and the rich delivery of moral and behavioral standards makes it a unique school in the region.
Facilities of the school are state of the art and truly cutting edge, they include a library, auditorium, activity rooms, ICT rooms, and kitchen. Sporting facilities include playgrounds, swimming pool, gym, and multi-purpose hall. In addition ASCS is the only Promethean Center of Excellence in the entire Middle East region.
School admissions are based on an entrance test for each grade level. As well as competitive sports, extra-curricular programmes include a Spelling Bee Competition, Math Competition, Quran Memorization Competition, and Science Fair, Art Fair, and Cooking Competitions.