This is an excellent time to join Wakefield College, staff, students and Governors are celebrating following a successful Ofsted Inspection where the College achieved a rating of ‘Good’ across all inspection areas.
Curriculum Development Manager – Digital (Games Design)
- 37 hours per week
- Wakefield - West Yorkshire
- £34,906 - £37,030 p.a.
- Ref: 4221
The Wakefield City Campus full time provision for 16-18 and 19+ learners comprises of a large cohort of students which covers IT and Business from levels 1 to 3 and games from level 2 to 3 with the opportunity for further levels of progression on to Higher Education. Adults have the opportunity to study IT courses in workshops or online through the Services to Business section that falls under this area. Success rates are high with the majority of courses achieving results above benchmark data.
As Curriculum Development Manager, you will enjoy a wide-ranging brief, with a primary focus on managing and developing the curriculum for the Game Design curriculum area which includes UAL and BTEC awarding bodies for FE as well as foundation degrees in Indie Games, and Creative Digital Industries. This will be coupled with an annual teaching commitment which is likely to be around 621 hours per year. Supporting the Head of Curriculum, this will involve:
- Assisting in the planning, review, development, design and implementation of a games curriculum which satisfies our communities’ continuing needs.
- Providing leadership for the development of up to date materials and resources to support the Games curriculum development, teaching and learning.
- Helping improve the delivery of the schemes of work and the assessment, recording and reporting processes for student achievement.
- Monitoring performance against key performance indicators, especially in relation to recruitment, retention, attendance and success targets.
- Lead on the quality assurance of all programmes in Games Design for level 2 and level 3.
We’re specifically looking for the following experience/skills:
- A degree in a relevant subject/discipline
- Excellent IT skills, ideally gained in the industry and further used and strengthened in an educational environment
- Successful experience of teaching, ideally at HE as well as FE level
- A proven track record of improving the learner experience and the ability to make accurate judgements about the quality of teaching, learning and assessment.
Join us and we promise the support of a great team, as well as the satisfaction of contributing to learner achievements. These are just a few of our benefits you may be entitled to:
- Personal and Professional Development Opportunities, including a comprehensive induction
- Generous Annual Leave (37 days annual leave + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards, Staff BBQ, Christmas Party
- Good Pension Scheme
See what we have to offer and come join us. You won’t be disappointed.
For more information about Wakefield College and the opportunity to apply, please click the Apply button and you will be redirected to our college website.
Closing date: 11.00am on Friday 15 February 2019
Interviews will be held: Tuesday 26 February 2019
Transforming lives through learning… by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhance Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.