This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented, ambitious professional to lead our Drama department and to develop the Drama provision within our outstanding school. It offers the successful candidate an excellent opportunity to promote learning and achievement and to contribute to the success and development of our school community.
The successful applicant will:
- Lead and inspire a love of learning in Drama.
- Be an inspirational practitioner who maximises the potential of students and staff.
- Enhance learning and teaching within Drama.
- Be able to teach Drama at GCSE and Theatre Studies at A level.
- Be able to teach English to GCSE.
- Maximise achievement through rigorous monitoring, intervention and review.
- Lead the planning and development of the Drama curriculum.
- Have energy, resilience, optimism, a sense of humour and the determination to see things through.
- Make a full contribution to the wider life of the school, our extra-curricular Drama offer and the personal development of our students.
- Be eager to act as a supportive Form Tutor.
In return we offer:
- A fantastic opportunity to contribute to the success of the Drama department within our school.
- The opportunity to develop within a highly supportive environment.
- Highly motivated students who are keen to participate and succeed.
- The scope to take a love of Drama well beyond the classroom.
We are a highly successful, oversubscribed 11-18 mixed comprehensive school with 1400 students in the school including over 260 in the sixth form. Our outcomes are consistently high with 81% of students achieving 9-4 in English and Maths in 2017 and our GCSE and A level results regularly place us in the best performing schools in the country. Our motto of ‘Realising potential and creating the future’ is reflected in our commitment to maximising the personal development and achievement of all those in our school community.
Further details and an application form are attached. Completed forms supported by a letter of application should be addressed to Miss J Mountain, PA to the Headteacher (Email address: Mountainj@fulford.york.sch.uk).
Closing date for applications: Sunday 18 February 2018
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo appropriate child protection screening including a DBS check.
Applicants will be asked to provide full employment history and any gaps in employment will be explored at interview.