Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group is financially one of the strongest of its kind in the country with very high success rates, amongst the top 10% nationally.
In November 2016 Newcastle-under-Lyme College merged with Stafford College to form the Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group. The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 620 students on higher education programmes. We have over 2,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers.
This is an exciting time to join an already highly successful Engineering and Advanced Manufacturing provision with significant links to industry with a state of the art STEM facility and an established reputation for excellence across Staffordshire and beyond. We are looking to further strengthen our already highly successful teams across both campuses with Lecturers in Engineering and at Stafford, we are looking for a dynamic and innovative Curriculum Leader with the drive and determination to lead the team and significantly grow the provision.
Ideal candidates will be educated to level 5 in an engineering and/or advanced manufacturing discipline. Preferably you will have a teaching qualification, assessor and verifier awards and will have in-depth knowledge of delivering BTEC vocational qualifications with experience of delivering on Higher Education/HNC programmes.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver a flexible and innovative curriculum that is responsive to feedback from current learners and anticipates likely changes in demand from future learners.
- Deliver excellent standards of teaching and learning across all areas within the curriculum area.
- Undertake the day-to-day co-ordination of staff within the course team so that the College can achieve its overall objective of being excellent in all areas.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Relevant experience in the Engineering/Advanced Manufacturing Sector
- Have a first degree (or appropriate alternative for the subject area) in a relevant discipline
- Have or be willing to undertake any relevant teaching and training qualification (DET/CTLLS/ DTLLS/PGCE/TAQA or equivalent)
- Have relevant training experience within industry or FE sector.
What’s in it for you?
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Teacher’s Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 37 Days annual leave (plus a 2 week Christmas closure period)
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
How to apply
To apply for either role of Curriculum Leader or Lecturer in Engineering, please click on ‘Apply’ and complete an online application form.
The closing date for completed applications is 27 th May 2018.