Are you passionate about teaching History, Geography or Religious Studies? Do you want to work in a forward thinking and innovative school which values its staff highly and wants to do the very best for its learners? Then come and join us at The Westgate School!
We offer our students the chance to study History, Geography and Religious Studies and we are currently recruiting for a Curriculum Leader of Humanities to join our successful and expanding academy. We are looking for someone who is passionate about teaching engaging lessons, that will help students appreciate the importance of the subject and develop the skills they need for life, as well as leading the team in ensuring that these key subjects are at the heart of the curriculum.
The successful candidate will:
- Be creative and have the necessary qualities to lead the Humanities team in successfully delivering an engaging curriculum to all key stages
- Be able to develop, plan and deliver high quality and engaging learning experiences to all students
- Be an aspiring or experienced middle leader who is enthusiastic about their subject and shares the values of the school
The Westgate School offers:
- Great facilities and resources and is currently undergoing an expansion programme, due to being heavily oversubscribed
- A friendly and supportive staff who are always happy to help each other and share good practice
- Strong support from line managers and SLT
- A strong CPD programme and the opportunity to deliver as well as receive training
- Excellent career opportunities and progression, particularly as the school grows
- The chance to be part of a successful 11-18 provision with opportunities to teach in the sixth form in many subjects
- Free Simply Health Cash Plan for all teaching and support staff
- Free tea and coffee
This is an exciting time to join The Westgate School as our new buildings and expanding student numbers will bring new opportunities for us all. We are passionate about ensuring that our students are #equippedforlife, through our innovative curriculum and the wide range of experiences we provide for them. We are very proud to serve our local community and believe very strongly in our values.
The Westgate School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undertake child protection screening, including an enhanced DBS and past employer checks. We are an equal opportunities employer.
If you believe that The Westgate School is for you then please do visit our career site where you can learn more about us. You are welcome to contact us if you would like to arrange a visit. If you are interested in joining us then please complete the TES application form.