Curriculum Leader of MFL
Maternity Cover, Full Time - MPR/UPR + TLR 2c
Start date: February 2019 (negotiable)
St Bernard’s Catholic High School is an outstanding, popular and over-subscribed 11-16 academy in Rotherham. We are a Catholic Voluntary Academy and Teaching School who serve the East Rotherham area welcoming students of all faiths and denominations.
We are seeking to appoint for a Curriculum Leader of MFL to play a full role across the whole age and ability range. A creative and motivated teacher, you will have a commitment to academic excellence through progressive teaching and learning styles. The role may be suitable for current Curriculum Leaders, those new to Leadership or aspiring to Leadership.
We are looking for a Curriculum Leader who:
- Will inspire, motivate and challenge an already successful team
- Has the highest expectations of teaching and learning
- Is passionate about MFL
- Is creative and can inspire in the classroom
- Has the desire and ability to help children of all abilities and backgrounds reach the highest levels of attainment and progress
- Is supportive of the school’s Catholic ethos (however you do not need to be a practicing Catholic)
We will offer you:
- A supportive and hard working MFL department and leadership team
- An ongoing CPD programme, tailored to individual requirements
- A calm, well-disciplined learning environment
- The opportunity to contribute to our Teaching School
For an application pack please visit www.sbch.org.uk/about us/vacancies or contact Vivienne Smith, Clerk to Governors on 01709 828 183. Completed application forms should be returned to Mrs V Smith, St Bernard’s Catholic High School, Herringthorpe Valley Road, Rotherham, S65 3BE or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only completed Catholic Education Service application forms will be accepted. Visits are welcome.
The closing date for receipt of completed application forms is: Monday 10th December 2018 at 9.00am. Please note short closing date.
Interviews will be held: Tuesday 18th December 2018
St Bernard’s Catholic High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to complete a DBS form in line with Section 115 of the Police Act 1997.