An important appointment for the Academy, this is an excellent opportunity for a well-qualified, suitably experienced and enthusiastic teacher to further develop their leadership skills in preparation for future leadership roles. Due to the promotion of the incumbent to a senior leadership role, we are seeking an inspiring curriculum leader to join our well-established Science department from Easter 2018. Applications are welcome from all science specialisms. You will be joining a well-resourced team with a relentless focus on raising attainment and recruiting Y11 students to KS5 Science courses in Biology, Chemistry and Physics. This would be a really exciting opportunity for an experienced teacher or a second in department, looking to join a forward-thinking school that really values the professional development and well-being of its staff.
You will have strong subject knowledge and a proven track record of exemplary classroom practice together with the ability to lead a large team of teachers, to think proactively and work collaboratively in delivering outstanding teaching and learning. The successful candidate must be;
- Able to teach Science to at least KS4 (triple and trilogy) and be able to contribute to KS5 delivery in one Science,
- Committed to making a difference to the lives of pupils,
- Passionate about Science and its impact on learning, with the ability to motivate pupils and achieve excellent results,
- Resilient with a strong personal drive,
- Someone who has high expectations of both students and their colleagues,
- Someone who has an excellent record of forging positive relationships with students to encourage great learning, and
- Someone who has a passion for the Sciences and the ability to share this with young people.
We will offer you;
- A positive values-driven learning culture,
- An ambitious leadership team with a clear vision for the Academy
- Access to the RSA Academies’ Teaching School Alliance which offers high quality training and leadership experiences for staff including licences for NPQSL/NPQH and system leadership SLE/LLE opportunities.
Successful candidates should look forward to working in a challenging and inspiring environment within which there is ample opportunity to lay the foundations for leadership progression. We are committed to ensuring that every member of our school community is enabled to ‘be the best they can be’.
To find out more about Whitley Academy, please go to www.whitleyacademy.com or to find more details about the RSA Family of Academies, please visit www.rsaacademies.org.uk Informal visits are welcomed. To arrange a visit please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information regarding this vacancy and the application process can be downloaded from this website or alternatively can be found at http://www.whitleyacademy.com/Recruitment.aspx
Completed applications should be returned via email to email@example.com. Only fully completed application forms will be accepted. CVs not accompanied with a completed application form will not be considered.
Closing date is: Noon – Sunday 25th February 2018
This post is not open to recruitment agencies.
We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to the safeguarding of and promoting the welfare of children. This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such, appointment will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).