Dates: Apply by: Thursday 1st March 2018, 12pm
Open day: Opportunity to meet the Principal: Thursday 22nd February 2018, 4.30pm – 5.30pm
Start date: September 2018
Salary: Very competitive
Location: Current (temporary site): 390 London Road, Isleworth, TW7 5AJ Permanent site opening September 2018: 152 Syon Lane, Isleworth, TW7 5PN
Contract type: Full-time
Contract term: Permanent
School Size: 1400 pupils at capacity in 2024
(100 per year group; 4 form entry; approximately 500 pupils in September 2018)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a passionate and talented Leader of Science to play a key role in shaping the curriculum of our outstanding, multi-faith school as we open the secondary phase of its development.
Unique features of this role are:
- The chance to design an all-through curriculum for your subject area
- A bespoke CPD package relevant to the successful candidate’s career stage
- First-hand experience of senior leadership through regular opportunities to work alongside the Senior Leadership Team and lead on whole school learning and teaching projects.
This post would suit either an experienced Middle Leader or an ambitious, aspiring Middle Leader with a strong record in the classroom.
Nishkam School West London will be a flagship school for our Trust, offering all-through provision on an expansive 11-acre green site. Opportunities like these are few and far between and will interest those with creative minds and high aspirations, seeking to inspire a new generation of children through a values-led, multi-faith curriculum. The journey will be one of leading a curriculum area within this new institution to excellence and growing the team to capacity, which will be immensely rewarding for the right individual.
The new school building and site will open ready for the new intake in September 2018. The primary phase of Nishkam School West London, (Ofsted Outstanding 2016), will also move to the new site in September 2018.
- Leadership and management at all levels are of exceptionally high quality. Leaders constantly check the quality of teaching and learning and provide very good support for any teacher who needs to develop their practice.
- Exemplary leadership and management skills ensure that the school’s values are central to developing pupils’ learning and mind-set.
- The school’s vision to ‘offer excellence… and inspire children to learn’ pervades the school. As a result, pupils are motivated and have high aspirations.
As Curriculum Leader for Science at Nishkam School West London, you will work in a pioneering group, Nishkam School Trust (NST). NST is one of the first multi-academy free school trusts in the UK. The Trust has opened two free schools in Birmingham (a primary in 2011 and a secondary in 2012), both of which are judged Ofsted Outstanding, and a third, a primary free school in Wolverhampton. We are looking for a highly committed and innovative Middle Leader to work in close collaboration with other Middle Leaders in both the secondary and primary phases across the Trust.
NST has developed an inclusive values-led, multi-faith educational approach that nurtures pupils of all faiths and those of no particular faith. The Nishkam ethos is to help grow a selfless mindset, aspiring to excellence as well as going beyond ourselves to serve others, to create supportive communities and to realise our true potential. This pervades every aspect of the school.
- design the inaugural curriculum for your specialist area(s)
- have the rare opportunity to work collaboratively with primary colleagues and co-construct your specialist area’s curriculum from Year 13 to reception
- have a strong voice in shaping the everyday practice of the school as we develop and embed our ethos and routines, especially in learning and teaching
- have the opportunity to share your expertise with other Middle Leaders and subject teachers across the Trust
- be part of a global community of charitable initiatives.
This is an exceptional opportunity to work within a vibrant atmosphere and a supportive setting. Your leadership role and responsibilities will evolve as your team grows to full capacity in 2024.
Nishkam School Trust (NST) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. Any successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check.
To find out more:
- Informal open evening for prospective candidates Thursday 22nd February, 4.30 – 5.30pm at the current (temporary) site. Please confirm attendance via: email@example.com or 0121 348 7665.