The Governors are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, ambitious and creative Curriculum Team Leader for Humanities. The successful candidate will be expected to teach Humanities up to and including KS5; the ability to teach Geography would be an advantage. They will lead a very successful department in an outstanding National Teaching School, with an expectation to strive for excellence at every opportunity, commit to sharing practice with others but also to expect the highest quality of support and personal professional development. This is a full-time and permanent post, although 0.8 fte would be considered.
The successful candidate will:
- be an outstanding classroom teacher of Humanities able to teach throughout the age and ability range
- have a graduate qualification in Humanities
- be passionate about the teaching of Humanities and be able to inspire a similar enthusiasm in our students
- be committed to raising the attainment of all students and developing the quality of Humanities provision in the school
- demonstrate excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills
Applicants should submit an application form with a letter of application outlining their suitability for the post, philosophy of education and any relevant experience to Mr Matthew Parris, Head Teacher. A CV is not required.
The Minster School is committed to safeguarding children and the promotion of equal opportunities for staff and students. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check and complete a KCSIE Declaration.
An application form and information pack are available to download from the Minster School website on http://www.minster.notts.sch.uk/vacancies/ . For further information, or to request a postal pack, please contact the HR Officer on 01636 817343 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Closing date: midday on Monday 26th February 2018
Interview date: Tuesday 6th March 2018