The Curriculum team, led by Curriculum administrators, works across the school and is responsible for ensuring that the curriculum objectives are progressively aligned with our framework and vision. It oversees the ongoing planning, implementation, development, direction, review, and evaluation of curriculum and instruction within the school.
The ultimate aim of the school, including our curriculum, is to produce students who hold themselves to high moral and personal standards, are committed to improving themselves and serving society, and thoroughly develop their academic, social, spiritual and physical potential.
The curriculum team member works seamlessly with the administrators, consulting frequently, translating the high-level vision and plans into practice.
The unique nature of the school’s vision will mean that the curriculum team member is expected to systematically deepen their understanding of our Bahá’í-inspired framework to maximize their contributions.. Flexibility in approach and operating with a humble posture of learning, hold particular importance for this role.
About School of the Nations
The School of the Nations, an internationally-oriented day school, was founded by members of the Macau Bahá’í community exactly 30 years ago to serve the local and expatriate communities. At present, over 650 students from age 3 to 18 are instructed by a professional and diverse teaching staff.
Our school is dedicated to nurturing the physical, intellectual and spiritual development of children and youth, and developing their capabilities to contribute to the well-being of their families and communities. We are constantly innovating in order to achieve this. Over the years we have been honored to be recognized with local and international awards for our programs, including the holistic Hidden Gems curriculum we developed internally and has since been adopted by kindergartens in countries abroad. Yet we consider the qualities and attitudes we see in our students as the surest evidence of success. In brief, School of the Nations is a Bahá’í school, which means it aims to operate in ways that reflect the high ideals contained in the Bahá’í teachings.
Be sure to read up about our school before applying.
- Consult and collaborate within the Curriculum team on an ongoing basis
- Communicate and collaborate with members of the Administration team as necessary
- Understand and support the vision and framework of the school
- Be intimately familiar with and actively support the context and culture of the school
- Have a good knowledge of curriculum design and matters related to implementation
- Have a clear knowledge of the current curricular and pedagogical structure within the school
- Actively share the responsibility of implementation of the goals set by Administration for the Curriculum team
- Be flexible and apply relevant experience to drive the curriculum in the context of the school and its direction
- In light of the school’s vision and framework, identify and propose strategies for curricular or instructional enhancement
Teacher Training and Support
- Provide training and support for Administrators and teaching staff to meet curricular goals, including instruction, assessment, recording, and reporting
- Meet with teaching staff on a regular basis to assess progress and provide further direction
- Address ongoing curricular needs of departments as they arise
Compensation & Benefits
The annual base salary range, including housing allowance, starts at approximately US$44,000, after tax. This does not include the annual travel allowance, new year’s bonus, pension contributions, and yearly re-enlistment bonus that is equivalent to one month’s salary. Furthermore, the government of Macau generously provides a teacher’s subsidy of at least US$580 per month. Taken together, the after-tax total compensation that teachers receive begins at US$57,500. This role is slightly above this.
Benefits include local healthcare coverage, reduced tuition for up to two dependents to enrol in the school, assistance in finding an apartment including a one-week hotel stay, and an interest-free salary advance to assist with upfront housing costs if needed.
Learn more about our school and living in Macau: https://www.schoolofthenations.com/School_of_Nations.php?page=Working_at_SON
- 5+ years of full-time teaching experience
How to Apply
To apply for this position, which begins in the 2019-2020 academic year, please click the apply button and complete the simple application form. We strive to respond to all those who apply.