Customer Service Advisor (Helpdesk Analyst)
What it’s about
Customer Service Advisors (also known as Helpdesk Analysts) offer first-line customer support to Cambridge Assessment English exam centres, candidates and teachers based all over the world. For many customers, speaking to a Helpdesk Analyst is their first experience of the organisation, so we need great people who are able to make an excellent first-impression. If you’re enthusiastic, friendly, passionate about customer service and looking to work within a great team, this may be the job for you.
What you’ll be doing
As a Helpdesk Analyst, your day-to-day tasks would include:
• Providing world-class customer support to customers all over the world via email, phone, web-chat and social media.
• Answering a broad variety of queries about our exams, both for the candidates taking them and the exam centres running them, quickly and accurately.
• Providing first-line technical support to customers using our websites and systems.
• Talking to numerous other teams within the business to make sure the Helpdesk has all of the information needed to answer queries first-line.
Occasional evening and weekend work may be required during busy periods.
What we’re looking for
The right person for this job will have:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a high-level of English.
• Confidence using and guiding others in the use of web-based systems and software packages.
You’ll also need to be:
• Empathetic and have a customer-focused approach in all of your work.
• Creative in your approach to problems; able to find solutions to problems that we may never have encountered before.
• Able to cope under pressure. Like many customer-service roles, it can get really busy at times and you’ll need to make sure the level of service you offer remains excellent at all times.
Experience working in a customer-service environment/helpdesk would be an advantage but finding someone with the right mind-set and skills is more important. The ability to speak and write a second (non-English) language would also be helpful but is not required.
Who we are
Cambridge Assessment English is a part of Cambridge Assessment, a department of the University of Cambridge. We are the global leader in English language assessment. We help people learn English and prove their skills to the world. We provide exams in English for speakers of other languages taken by over 5 million candidates worldwide each year, as well as the leading range of qualifications for language teachers.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits to help with your life both inside and outside of work:
• Generous contributory pension
• 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
• Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
• Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
• Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
• Cycle scheme
• Season Ticket Loan
• Subsidised staff restaurants
• Support for professional qualifications
• Discounted access to the University of Cambridge Sport Centre, along with various other local gyms.
We know that diversity of thinking, backgrounds and approaches leads to innovation and creates an atmosphere where everyone’s contribution is valued. As well as wanting to create diverse teams, we also value diversity in the way our people approach their work. Work/life balance is important to us at Cambridge Assessment and we offer our colleagues a range of flexible working options according to the needs of the business and the individual, so please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 22/01/2019 and interviews will be held on 30/01/19.
If you’re successful at interview stage we will ask you to undergo background screening (carried out by Credence Background Screening Ltd), to ensure that all information provided to us is accurate. We wish you all the very best with your application.
CAMBRIDGE ASSESSMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER