Customer Support Assistant Manager
What it’s about
Our Assistant Managers ensure that Cambridge English customers receive world class customer service. As an integral member of the management team, you will make sure our customers’ expectations are met and exceeded by overseeing and supporting other customer service staff, managing the day-today running of the team and devising new strategies to improve the way we work. You’ll be joining a dynamic and forward-thinking team where you’ll have the opportunity to develop your skills and advance your career.
What you’ll be doing
Key responsibilities of the Assistant Manager include:
- Line-management of a team of customer support advisors. Monitoring the work of staff and coaching and supporting them to provide the best possible level of customer service.
- Proactively seeking out areas for improvement and new ways of working. Challenging existing processes, implementing new ways of working and ensuring that changes are successfully implemented.
- Representing the interests of Cambridge English customers and the Customer Support team in project meetings and working groups. Making sure that the customer’s needs are at the forefront of all discussions about new products, systems and processes.
- Producing training materials and support documentation to enable staff and customers to find the answers they need whenever they need them.
- Investigating and resolving the most complex issues received by the team. Handling potentially sensitive queries with tact and liaising with other parts of the business to achieve the best outcome for the customer.
What we’re looking for
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Confident liaising with internal and external customers at all levels. Able to produce high quality support and process documentation for staff and customers.
- Able to lead by example and support and inspire others to produce their best work.
- Strong IT skills and experience of supporting customers in the use of software and websites.
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Ability to spot and interpret trends in order to identify improvements and efficiencies.
- Experience training, coaching and mentoring staff, ideally within a customer service environment.
- General management experience in overseeing the work of others and recruiting and developing staff is desirable, but this role may also suit someone looking to develop these skills.
- Expert level knowledge of the IT systems used within Cambridge Assessment (can be gained on the job).
- Adaptability and resilience. Calm and methodical; able to work efficiently under pressure whilst juggling multiple priorities.
- Empathy. Willing to go the ‘extra mile’ to ensure the customer receives an excellent level of service, and the ability to instil the same approach in others.
- Collaboration. Working well with team mates and colleagues in other countries and other departments across Cambridge Assessment.
- Persistence. Willing to approach problems from multiple angles, trace back to the root of the problem and share findings. Ready to implement suggestions for improvement.
Who we are
Cambridge Assessment is Europe's largest assessment group, incorporating three major awarding bodies. It plays a leading role in researching, developing and delivering assessment to eight million candidates in 170 countries every year. The Group is a department of the University of Cambridge and a not-for-profit organisation.
Cambridge Assessment English is a part of Cambridge Assessment, a department of the University of Cambridge. We are the global leader in English language assessment. We help people learn English and prove their skills to the world. We provide exams in English for speakers of other languages taken by over 5 million candidates worldwide each year, as well as the leading range of qualifications for language teachers.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits to help with your life both inside and outside of work:
- Generous contributory pension
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
- Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
- Cycle scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Subsidised staff restaurants
- Support for professional qualifications
- Discounted access to the University of Cambridge Sport Centre, along with various other local gyms.
We know that diversity of thinking, backgrounds and approaches leads to innovation and creates an atmosphere where everyone’s contribution is valued. As well as wanting to create diverse teams, we also value diversity in the way our people approach their work. Work/life balance is important to us at Cambridge Assessment and we offer our colleagues a range of flexible working options according to the needs of the business and the individual, so please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 27 January 2019 and interviews will be held on 12 February.
To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter.
If you’re successful at interview stage we will ask you to undergo background screening (carried out by Credence Background Screening Ltd), to ensure that all information provided to us is accurate. We wish you all the very best with your application.
CAMBRIDGE ASSESSMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER