Data and Assessment Manager
All Year Round 8.00 am – 4.00 pm (3.30 pm Friday)
37 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity for a suitably skilled candidate to join our school in the position of Data and Assessment Manager. This role is an extremely valued position within school and one that plays a pivotal role in the success of our students. The appointee’s duties will include the line management of the Data Team: Examinations Manager, Admissions and Data Officer and Attendance Officer.
We are seeking to appoint a dedicated and enthusiastic individual with a broad range of database experience who is keen to be part of a strong team. The responsibilities of this role include:
- Gathering, maintaining and analysing school data and providing reports for the Senior Leadership Team and Governors.
- Using SIMS and FFT Aspire to set up student target grades.
- Completing returns, eg the School Census, for the County Council and Government.
- Providing advice and training to staff on the use of SIMS and the interpretation and use of data.
- Assisting with the inputting and scheduling of timetables in SIMS in partnership with the Senior Leadership Team.
- Responsibility for setting up and updating SIMS Assessment Manager, including for the production of class marksheets and student reports.
- Providing quality data on student absence levels to enable us to achieve high student attendance.
- Uploading and monitoring reporting data on the school’s chosen package, eg 4Matrix.
Summary of Details:
In order to apply for this role it is essential that you have:
- Excellent skills and experience using Excel, Microsoft Office packages and SIMS.
- Experience working within a similar role, especially within a school environment.
- Experience of data management.
- The ability to build and maintain excellent professional relationships with colleagues.
- Experience in the use of software to support data management functions.
- Experience of planning and prioritising your own workload and managing competing demands.
If you have experience of working with ICT effectively and using systems to produce management information and manipulate data we would be delighted to hear from you.
An application form and job description can be downloaded from the links provided in this advert, from www.worthinghigh.net/vacancies or from the school by phoning 01903 237864. Further information about the school and details of how to apply can also be obtained from the school website.
Please note, because of the nature of this job, if you are successful in your application you will be subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service before the appointment is confirmed. This will be done by means of applying for an “Enhanced Disclosure”. Disclosures include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions, spent or unspent.
Application forms should be posted or emailed to the Headteacher at Worthing High School, South Farm Road, Worthing, BN14 7AR or email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is 25 January 2018.
Interviews will be held on 31 January 2018.