We are a newly formed academy with a brand new school building which opened in early 2017 and our Sixth Form Centre re-opened September 2017. A key aspect of our vision is our focus on applied learning within all subject areas and across year groups. We have seen an increase in student numbers and we are looking to build on this. Operate, manage and coordinate whole academy Data and SIMs, providing efficient and effective organisation of internal and external information, assessment, reporting, recording and tracking systems.
a) Management of all aspects of SIMs
· Prepare and publish SIMs user guides/reports and provide staff training specific to the academy use of SIMs.
· Manage system permissions, issuing passwords and ensuring all staff have correct access to the information management system.
· Develop the use of SIMs Assessment Manager, Profiles and Behaviour Modules and support staff in their day to day use of the system.
· Support and improve the use of SIMs by staff generally.
· In conjunction with the Assistant Head – Curriculum and Data, develop the use of other software applications to facilitate academy operations for example InTouch and the use of SIMs Learning Gateway.
· Ensure the Y7 intake’s KS2 and baseline data is complete and accurate and import to the system.
· Ensure that all student information is up to date and accurately recorded on SIMs working with and through others.
· Ensure that all SIMS information is up to date for the timely completion of the termly academy census.
· Coordinate and complete the academy student census, supported by the Attendance Officer.
· Lead on the completion of other statistical government and Local Authority returns required throughout the year.
· To ensure the timely and accurate creation, checking and production of student reports to parents at each of the four Assessment points, mock exams and assessment week.
· To provide performance data and reports as requested by SLT, Governors, Trustees, Staff, Students, Parents and external bodies.
· To work in conjunction with the Assistant Headteacher – Curriculum and Data and the Data officer to ensure that all data systems are set up in Sims and will facilitate the smooth production and transfer of data assessment information.
· To produce and maintain Assessment Calendar in conjunction with SLT.
· Notify staff of any assessment requirements and dates to ensure that deadlines are maintained.
· To update and maintain SISRA for data analysis and monitoring – to anticipate future data needs and ensure that data and analysis is in line with changes to assessment.
· To make use of external data systems such as FFT, Aspire, etc.
· Ensure target setting data is maintained, updated and disseminated
· Disseminate reports and analyse data accordingly.
· To develop and provide student performance data for analysis, manage the creation and maintenance of grade sets, mark sheets and report templates for the collection and distribution of data.
· To check interim and summative reports as required by the reporting cycle for the Senior Leadership Team.
· Administration in respect of termly student monitoring, preparation of mark sheets for teachers, preparation of reports mark sheets for pastoral staff, generation, printing and distribution of student reports to parents; response to parental queries.
· To provide data analysis to Heads of Faculty and Progress and Achievement Leaders as required to support their roles
· To manage and coordinate reading age data in conjunction with SLT.
· Support the academy timetabler in the development and production of the academy timetable.
· Prepare a new academic year calendar in SIMs.
· Promote students into the new year structure incrementing their curriculum years.
· Ensure and manage the smooth transition from one academic year to the next with all sections of SIMs.
· Set up and maintain registration groups, allocate student memberships, Tutors and Progress Leaders.
· Update and apply periodic and casual changes to courses, teachers and rooms.
· Ensure the smooth transfer of data between Nova-T – assessment Manager – Academic Management – Lesson Monitor.
· Responsible for managing entry into the Academic Management in SIMs.
e) Social Media
· In conjunction with SLT to review and maintain an accurate and up to date content of the academy website, having a clear understanding of the statutory requirements.
· To update the website as required, removing all out of date content and quality assuring any new content.
· To review and advise on the academy Twitter account
· In conjunction with SLT to review and oversee additional social media platforms such as Face Book.
· To oversee the introduction and maintenance of Sims Parent App or equivalent system, ensuring rigorous testing and monitoring before going live and ensuring accurate and timely information is provided.