Are you interested in working in a supportive and innovative school?
Can you lead on the development of an exciting Key Stage 3 Science curriculum merging Science with Technology, Engineering and Digital Skills?
Do you want to be part of a highly skilled and enthusiastic Science team of teachers and technician?
We are seeking to appoint a creative and inspirational Deputy Director of Science to work closely with the Director of Science in building on last year’s above National Average GCSE results.
The successful candidate will be:
- An outstanding teacher with strengths in delivering Physics and Chemistry.
- Keen to develop their leadership skills and progress to Director of Science responsibilities.
- Up-to-date with curriculum developments in Science and Engineering, including those at KS3 and GCSE
- Committed to developing 21st century learning skills and qualities for every child
- Excited by the opportunities presented by different learning methodologies and new technologies
About the Wapping High and the Science Department
- Inclusive multicultural 11 – 16 Free School located in East London.
- An innovative digital and flexible 21st century learning environment.
- Small school with only 84 students in each year group.
- All Year 7, 8 and 9 pupils have their own chromebook devices.
- We offer GCSE Biology, Chemistry and Physics as well as GCSE Combined Science and Entry Level Certificate.
- Exciting STEM curriculum in Key Stage 3 where pupils develop their scientific skills through projects that incorporate engineering, technology, coding and other digital skills.
- We actively engage with the wider scientific community through trips, visits and projects.
- Competitive salaries based on experience and skills
- The chance to learn from the best practitioners in this country and around the world to develop new approaches in learning
- Outstanding CPD opportunities
- A supportive environment where staff are valued as an integral part of the Wapping High family
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed as are informal discussions with our Head, Mr Gary Nelson or Assistant Head and Director of Science, Mr Tom Dean. Please contact the school on 020 3597 3670 or via email email@example.com if you wish to arrange either of these.
The closing date for applications is 22nd May at 16:00
Wapping High is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All successful candidates will be required to undertake a criminal DBS check.