We are the Stephen Perse Foundation. Extraordinary things happen here every day.
The Stephen Perse Foundation is inspiring. It is a community in which everyone, both students and staff, achieves and makes a contribution every day.
For us, our examination results, brilliant as they are, are not an end in themselves. Instead, they are a small part of a much broader process and experience. That process is all about added value, something we offer and look for in staff as much as in students. It is something in which every journey both begins with and is built around the individual.
A global outlook, a focus on pedagogy, a ground-breaking commitment to digital learning and an emphasis on inspirational learning environments make us different. More than that, our policy of 'looking beyond' underpins education here. Co-curricular learning is integral to what we do, where opportunity and excellence are valued and encouraged.
Our community, led by the Principal, Miss Tricia Kelleher, is made up of a family of six different schools, each with its own Head, comprising 1,100 boys and girls aged 3 to 18, around 150 teaching staff and 145 support staff.
With an Exceptional ISI Inspection report in 2014 and Independent School of the Year 2014/5, we have much to be proud about.
However, we know that education in the twenty-first century is as much about looking forward as looking back. We have just completed a pioneering redevelopment plan, which includes a five-storey sports and learning centre in the heart of Cambridge. We have also admitted boys right through the Foundation, with a diamond formation for learning for both boys and girls in the Senior School. It’s a twenty first century vision of single-sex education that we believe is right for the future.
Responsible to: Information & Exams Manager
Location: Senior School & Sixth Form
To assist the Information & Exams Manager in liaising with exam/awarding bodies, Senior Leadership Team, Heads of Department, teaching staff, candidates, invigilators and other stakeholders to ensure the comprehensive delivery of external and internal examination requirements. To assist with academic staff cover arrangements during term-time.
- Encouraging a positive examination culture in the school
- Liaising with all relevant staff regarding entries for GCSE, IGCSE, A Level and other public examinations
- Disseminating information, answering enquiries and dealing with complaints regarding external examinations with staff, students, and parents/carers
- Submitting entries for external examinations to awarding bodies in advance of deadlines
- Processing exam entries, timetables and results using the Schools Information Management System (SIMS)
- Organising SEN provision, including liaising with the SEN coordinator regarding candidates with SEN; applying to awarding bodies for special arrangements
- Managing the daily running of external examinations. This will include ensuring that all required materials are in the examination rooms for the start of the examinations and arrangements for candidates with special educational needs are in place
- Organising exam materials. This will include providing safe custody of and organising examination stationery and materials, including question papers, in accordance with regulations
- Organising the examination rooms in accordance with regulations
- Providing a centre timetable to include dates, times, venues and numbers of candidates
- Resolving examination clashes in accordance with regulations
- Briefing candidates on examination regulations and producing written guidelines for staff and students; ensuring candidates are aware of their own examination timetables
- Collecting and dispatching worked scripts in accordance with the regulations
- Arranging invigilation, including briefing and training invigilators in school procedures, and producing invigilation timetables
- Being present and available in school on the days around when results are notified, and assisting with the distribution of results to candidates
- Assisting with the production of analyses of examination results as soon as practicable
- Assisting with providing statistics on examination entries and results for the Senior Leadership Team, Governors, and the Department for Education
- Checking Department for Education and other examination statistics before publication
- Overseeing the checking and distribution of certificates
- Processing enquiries about results, remarks and requests for return of scripts
- Ensuring that costs of retakes are reimbursed by candidates/departments
This is not necessarily comprehensive, please see the Job Description and Person Specification below for further details.
Closing date for applications is Monday 19th February at noon, please note we are unable to accept CVs as a method of application.
Please click the blue Apply Now button below to apply via our recruitment portal.