CATS College Canterbury is a coeducational independent boarding school catering mainly for international students aged 14+. The College specialises in preparing students for pre-university exams, including I/GCSEs, A Levels, the International Baccalaureate (DP) and the University Foundation Programme (UFP). The College was awarded ‘Excellent’ in all 9 areas in the latest ISI inspection (March 2016). There are approximately 450 students on roll, class size average is 9 [nine] across all programmes, and students take part in an extensive range of extra-curricular activities including leadership awards and national/international competitions.
In 2017 the College’s average A Level results were 52% (A*-A) and 86% (A*-B). For the same year, the College’s International Baccalaureate DP pass rate was 100% with an average grade of 5. The College successfully placed UFP students at King’s College London, the Universities of Manchester, Edinburgh, York, Durham, Bristol and Bath. Our outstanding academic success is clearly evident.
The College requires, from September 2018, a full time Deputy Head Academic. This is an extraordinarily exciting opportunity for the right candidate and combines some of the most desirable aspects of working at the cutting edge of Teaching and Learning in a truly international context, and through multiple Programmes of Study (GCSE, A Level, International Baccalaureate and University Foundation).
Applications are encouraged from:
· Outstanding and experienced school leaders and those seeking their first Senior Leadership appointment with a proven track record;
· Teachers and practitioners who are passionate about Teaching and Learning and working with young people in a full-boarding school environment;
· Those who bring fresh ideas, who are kind and compassionate, and work hard to realise excellent progress and student outcomes.
It would advantage your application if you:
· Have experience of working with all of our programmes (particularly A Level and IB);
· Have experience of working in a British-curriculum international school or FE college;
· Have experience of working in a boarding school;
· Have experience of working in diverse multinational environments spanning differing linguistic and cultural needs.
In return, we can offer you:
· A vibrant working environment focused on student outcomes and university entrance;
· An opportunity to grow your leadership and teaching practice within a committed leadership and teaching team;
· An attractive salary;
· Excellent professional development opportunities.
Recent CATS College Canterbury Awards:
· ‘Excellent’ in every area – ISI Inspection Report, March 2016
· International School Award – Outstanding 2015, British Council
· Award for Excellence and Innovation – Winner 2015, Independent Schools Association
· UK Independent School of the Year – Finalist 2014, Times Educational Supplement
· Boarding Initiative of the Year – Winner 2014, Independent School Awards
· Outstanding Leadership Team – Shortlisted 2014, Independent School Awards
The College is a member of the Independent Schools Association (ISA) and inspected by the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI).
CATS College Canterbury maintains Teaching and Learning Academy Status – Partnering with Canterbury Christ Church University.
Application forms and further details are available from and should be returned to Fiona Clarke, Business Manager, via email email@example.com or (+44) 01227 866540.
Applications must be returned by 12 noon on Monday 12th March 2018.
Shortlisting and interviews will take place during the week beginning Monday 26th March 2018.
Employees of the College have a responsibility for, and must be committed to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and for ensuring that they are protected from harm. As such, appointment is subject to satisfactory references, enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and, where applicable, any international equivalent.