Post: Deputy Head
Employer: Griffin Schools Trust
Location: Park Lane Primary School & Nursery, Nuneaton, Warwickshire
Salary: Leadership Scale to be determined on qualifications and experience
Hours: Full time, permanent
Closing Date: Monday 12th February 2018
Interviews: Wednesday 14th February 2018
Start date: April 2018
Park Lane Primary is on an exciting journey to beyond outstanding and to Griffin Great! Proud members of the Griffin Schools Trust and highly individual in its vision, Park Lane works with its partner school Race Leys Junior School as well as with other Trust Schools in East London, the Medway and the Midlands to improve the breadth and quality of children’s experience. A wide range of extracurricular opportunities is offered and the school take parts in national artistic and sporting events. The school is a key driver for the Trust’s ‘Give and Get’ agenda and the successful applicant would have the opportunity to lead trust wide.
The opportunities for a Deputy Head at the start of an exciting leadership career are now on offer. Successful candidates will enjoy high level coaching and mentoring as well as excellent personal and professional development opportunities. We have a proven track record of career progression and development and this is a school that spots and nurtures talent.
The successful candidate with be an outstanding teacher with a track record of making an impact on a whole school priority. If you are a strategic thinker and a strong team player who is ready for the next step, if you are ready to learn and see a different way of transforming communities, we would like to meet with you and find out what passions and skills you could bring to our schools.
The successful candidate will be:-
· An enthusiastic, dedicated and resilient school leader with proven successful primary experience who can inspire, motivate and build capacity in staff
· An outstanding classroom practitioner who is committed to developing creative and successful approaches to learning
· Experienced in coaching and mentoring staff and evidence of improving teaching and learning; maintaining high expectations of staff
· Able to show initiative and confidence to communicate and deliver a clear vision for the school
· Committed to developing our children to reach their full potential regardless of background or circumstance
· Approachable and willing to work with staff across the school to implement strategies to move the school forward
· Manage the school in the absence of the Head
· Able to develop and establish excellent relationships with the community and other stakeholders
· Demonstrates faithful adherence to the Executive Head, Head of School and the vision for the school
In return we can offer:
· Excellent opportunities to develop your leadership skills within Park Lane Primary School and Nursery and the Griffin Schools Trust
· The opportunity to make a difference to pupil progress and attainment with the support of a dedicated and supportive senior leadership team
Visits are welcomed, if you would like to arrange this or an informal discussion please email Dawn Wilson – email@example.com.
HOW TO APPLY
Please complete the application document, please include email addresses and direct/mobile phone numbers of two professional referees, making clear in what capacity they know you. This must be submitted along with your CV and Supporting Statement to complete your application.
Please ensure your supporting statement outlines your experiences and how you feel you would be a good fit for this role. We are keen to know specific things about you including your track record, leadership style and how you see yourself in relation to the school’s vision. Please note that a generic statement will not be considered.
Please ensure your CV contains no chronological gaps and has full and accurate information.
Please submit your completed application document, CV and Supporting Statement to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 12th February 2018. Interviews will be held on Wednesday 14th February 2018.
Park Lane Primary School and Nursery is committed to recruiting with care and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people; we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure application to the Disclosure and Barring Service and check against the ISA barred list for children, plus verification of the right to work in the UK.
Griffin Schools Trust operates an equal opportunities policy.