Deputy Head of Department, English
Trinity School Sevenoaks
- Expiring soon
- Quick apply
- MPR with possibility of recruitment & retention payment for the right candidate plus TLR
- Job type:
- Full Time, Permanent
- Start date:
- January 2018
- Apply by:
- 17 October 2017
Why work for Trinity School Sevenoaks?:
- We are a Christian school with a strong vision, values and leadership
- We strive to place staff and students at the centre of everything we do
- We will prioritise your development and help you achieve your career aspirations
- You will be joining at an exciting time with Year 11 students sitting their GCSE exams for the first time in the summer of 2018. Our new sixth form opens in September 2018. You can play an important part in shaping the school’s future
- Our students are exceptionally well behaved, polite and teachers are able to teach
- We are confident you will enjoy coming to work each day
- There is a real unity across the school and at every level
- You will be joining a school where your efforts will not go unnoticed
- We are a growing school and have additional responsibility points available for the right candidates
- We are only interested in employing exceptional staff because we believe that our students deserve nothing less. If you are successful, we will recognise this in your remuneration package
- We occupy a new state of the art building and classrooms are well resourced
- There is ample on-site staff parking, free duty lunch and designated staff work rooms
- Good travel links to London (35 mins by train), M25 (10 mins) and we are located in the heart of rural Sevenoaks
The right candidate will have experience of teaching at least GCSE and A-level English with a proven track record of success and can demonstrate that you have the attributes of an exceptional teacher and can deliver to a high standard. The ability to teach A-level Film Studies would be an advantage. You will not only possess outstanding subject knowledge but will be passionate about your subject as well as possessing an unswerving belief that every child you teach can achieve outcomes they never thought possible. You will be the person to unlock their potential. You must be a team player because we believe that Trinity’s current and future success is as a result of a collective effort. You will also be the sort of person who holds a deeply embedded conviction that teaching is more than just about exam results but also about preparing students for life beyond school. You will play a key role in ensuring that all our students are given the best possible chance to thrive in adulthood. To help achieve this, we place an important emphasis on co-curricular activities and presently offer students in excess of 70 clubs per week, which you will contribute towards.
We are a Christian school through and through and are very keen to uphold this important and foundational element at Trinity. You do not have to be a Christian to join us but be sympathetic to our Christian values.
We highly recommend you come and visit us to experience what others so readily affirm that Trinity is truly a unique place, with a calm and caring atmosphere.
To apply please use the Apply now on the TES site. Previous applicants do not need to re-apply. We are recruiting as applications are received therefore an appointment may be made before the close date.
Our school and all its personnel are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students. The successful applicant will be subject to a full Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure and checks regarding proof of ID, medical clearance and the right to work in the UK.
If you would like any further information, an informal discussion or to arrange a visit please contact Karen Partridge, School Business Manager on 01732 469111 extn. 217 or email email@example.com
Closing Date: Friday 27th October 2017
About Trinity School Sevenoaks
- Trinity School Sevenoaks
- Seal Hollow Road, Sevenoaks
- TN13 3SL
- United Kingdom
Trinity is a growing, non-denominational Christian free school based in Sevenoaks, Kent. We are a single Academy Trust which operates under the sponsorship of 29 local churches in the Sevenoaks area. Trinity was founded in 2013 by a committed group of local people, many of whom are governors of the school. We are a 11-18, non-selective, mixed school and we attract many pupils who reach the standard to pass the 11 Plus. Half the intake have a faith reference. The sixth form was established in September 2018 and will grow to 240 students.
We moved into our brand new, state-of-the-art building in September 2016. We originally opened as a four-form entry school and have now become a six-form entry due to demand for places in the local area.
Parents, staff and students describe the school as a truly special place to work, teach and learn. The culture is supportive, challenging and every member of the Trinity team has high standards and expectations and strives for excellence in every aspect of school life. Our vision and values permeate everything we do and this is demonstrated by our well-behaved students right through to our flourishing co-curricular programme. High quality teaching, coupled with outstanding pastoral care, ensures that our students have every opportunity to fulfil their potential.
Teachers are well supported and developed through our CPD programme. Our new, state-of-the art building has excellent, spacious facilities, well-resourced classrooms, designated staff work rooms and ample on-site staff parking.
As a Christian school, we promote ‘the Trinity Way’ in all we do: Truth, Excellence, Love, Leadership and Service. We believe that in doing so, students are well-placed to grow into confident, outward focused individuals who live rewarding and purposeful lives. We hold unswervingly to a belief that every Trinity student should receive an ‘education for life in all its fullness’.
Come and Meet Us
We are currently recruiting for a number of positions - please refer to our job listings below for further details.
If you'd like to find out more about the school, or would like to visit us, get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or telephoning 01732 469111. We would be delighted to welcome you.
For more information about Trinity School, please visit our website: www.trinitysevenoaks.org.uk
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes' Fair Recruitment Policy.