Cheney School is a popular, high-performing school located in the heart of Oxford serving a diverse community of students who are eager to learn and to be challenged.
We are committed to continuous professional development and have wide-ranging training and development opportunities. We are also mindful of the competing demands people face in their lives and are happy to consider part-time applications. If you are not familiar with Oxfordshire, we would recommend that you take a look at: Living in Oxfordshire - Information for Teachers
As Deputy Head of the Mathematics Faculty you will play a major role, under the direction of the Head of Faculty, in establishing the aims and objectives of the Faculty to reflect the overall aims and objectives of the school and in implementing appropriate policies and procedures to ensure the achievement of these objectives. You will lead on ensuring that staff are motivated to deliver education to the highest possible standard in accordance with the objectives included within the school’s development plan.
You will need to demonstrate that you:
- are passionate about raising levels of engagement and achievement;
- have the determination to provide high quality classroom teaching;
- want to make a positive difference by going the extra mile for the benefit of your students;
- have the desire and enthusiasm to play an active and collaborative role in contributing to a strong culture of sharing best practice, resources and ideas;
- have the interpersonal and leadership skills required to inspire and motivate colleagues and students;
- are keen and able to embed enjoyment and success in learning.
Visits to the school prior to interview are warmly welcomed. To arrange a visit or if you would like more information about the role, please contact Steve Palmer, Assistant Headteacher and Head of Mathematics Faculty on: email@example.com
Basic pay is based on Teacher Main Scale or Upper Pay scale depending on experience.
The position comes with membership of a comprehensive Healthcare Benefits Plan.
How to Apply:
Please download an application pack from below.
In addition to your application form please email a letter of application, detailing reasons for your interest in this post and your relevant skills and experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 8am, Thursday 19 April 2018.
Oxfordshire Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment.