Dubai British School (DBS) is a thriving British international school, located in The Springs area of Dubai's Emirates Hills. A Taaleem school, DBS offers high quality education to over a thousand students aged 3 to 18. Dubai British School is fully accredited by the Council of International Schools (CIS), and is rated 'Outstanding' by the Dubai Schools Inspection Bureau (DSIB).
Our mission of 'Enjoy, Aspire, Achieve' perfectly captures the ethos of this great school, where students thrive in a nurturing yet challenging environment - able to achieve the best possible educational outcomes and to flourish as individuals during the experience. It is this warmth of spirit that sets DBS apart, where every student, every member of staff and every parent can find their place. Schools are often talked about as being 'happy places', but DBS is made up of happy people - happy to be respected, valued, and appreciated, given every opportunity to succeed in a way that is meaningful to them.
DBS is looking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed Primary Deputy Headteacher to join us from August 2018. The successful candidate will be a member of the schools leadership team.
To be considered for this role, you will have the following:
- A University degree
- A Primary Teaching Qualification
- At least 2 years in a middle or senior leadership position within a school
- Strong knowledge and experience of teaching & learning within the English Primary National Curriculum
- Must have experience working with data
- Preferable to have an understanding of Classroom Monitor or a similar assessment system
- Excellent communication skills and command of the English language, in spoken and written form
- You will be a collaborative team-player with excellent personal skills
- You will be a flexible leader capable of managing growth and instilling high standards