Due to our expansion, we require a dynamic Deputy Head of School for September 2018.
Manor School is an outstanding, vibrant and welcoming primary special school which provides a specialist learning environment for pupils with a wide range of special educational needs.
Manor School is part of the Brent Specialist Academy Trust (BSAT); we have a clear, embedded vision: ‘Love, Learn, Laugh’ which we achieve by creating positive, engaging environments to ensure all of our pupils learn effectively.
We are looking for a Deputy Head of School with the expertise and skills to effectively:
- Monitor, evaluate and further develop teaching and learning across the school.
- Support the monitoring of pupil progress and help to ensure continuity of practice.
- Support with curriculum development and provision mapping.
- Collaborate with a wide range of professionals and families to ensure that personalised learning continues to be a key strength of the school.
- Chair annual reviews and pupil progress meetings.
This is largely a non-class-based role working across the school.
The post is an excellent opportunity for an individual with high expectations, strong self-motivation and an excellent understanding of special needs to demonstrate and develop their leadership skills and to work with a dedicated team who are committed to continuous school improvement.
We will offer you:
- The opportunity to work with a positive, creative and proactive Senior Leadership Team.
- High quality professional development opportunities.
- Calm and purposeful learning environments.
- Excellent partnerships between pupils, staff and parents.
- A forward-thinking approach to teaching, learning and pedagogy.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school office to arrange a tour with the Head of School (Steve Thompson), or another member of the leadership team. Our website will
provide you with a useful overview of our school (manor.brent.sch.uk) and further details.
Please request an application pack from email@example.com
Closing date: 20th April 2018, 12 Noon.
Shortlisting: 23rd April 2018
Interviews: 1st May and/or 2nd May 2018
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and education of our children and expect all our staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check and references will be required.
Tel: 0208 968 3160