We are looking to recruit a founding member of our Leadership team to join us at our brand new school.
Myddelton College Jinhua will offer a British education to Chinese students. Similar to our sister school within the UK, students will live and learn on the Jinhua Campus, study for IGCSE and A Level qualifications, and prepare for admission to top universities worldwide. At Myddelton, we believe that all individuals hold within them a talent that shapes their passion and character, and it is our intention to find, encourage, and develop theirs.
The Deputy Head (Pastoral) will lead and manage the provision of all aspects of boarding as well as play a crucial role in whole-school strategy and development. They will need to manage boarding teams effectively and possess excellent communication and administrative skills. Therefore we require a proactive, dependable and reliable individual with proven management skills to lead the house and to play a part in the wider life of the house community.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Strategic leadership and development of boarding which supports the philosophy aims and policies of the School, and promotes a high level of achievement in all areas of boarding life.
- Responsibility for the running of the boarding areas and for line-managing the residential staff who care for the pupils.
- Establishing, building and maintaining positive relationships between boarding staff, teaching staff, students and parents.
- Providing a happy, caring, secure and stable environment for students living in the boarding houses.
- Having the welfare of students in the boarding houses as a paramount concern.
- Promoting the school as a caring and nurturing environment dedicated to the well-being and education of students.
Educational Qualification and Experience:
• Discipline with a B.Ed./M.Ed./MA Education
• Boarding experience would be beneficial
• Passionate about teaching children and learning.
It would also be desirable if the candidates could also teach one of these subjects; English, Music, Mathematics, Economics or Science will be at an advantage. A significant contribution to the school's full and varied Co-curriculum is an expectation of the role.
- Salary according to experience
- Health insurance
- Annual flights
Our school respects and supports both Chinese and international staff members to offer high-quality professional development on a regular basis. We provide a comprehensive system to help employees improve their education, teacher certification, and Chinese language learning.
To find out more about this exciting new role and apply please send you CV to email@example.com.