Queen Anne’s School is a happy and exciting place to work, where every member of the school team is valued. We aim to recruit the highest calibre of staff through all areas of the school. Queen Anne’s School is a community and all staff work with a professional, committed and enthusiastic attitude.
The campus is located in beautiful 35 acre grounds with good transport links and within easy walking distance of Reading Station. We offer a number of staff benefits including pension scheme, excellent training and Inset opportunities, discounted gym membership, Child Care Voucher Scheme, School fee reduction where appropriate.
A great opportunity has arisen for us to appoint a resident Deputy Head Pastoral with leadership responsibilities within this academically selective and dynamic boarding and day school. The successful candidate will be expected to lead the strategic development of and implement the management and of the pastoral care within the school.
The successful candidate will have:
- a flexible, resilient, enthusiastic approach and mindset demonstrating emotional intelligence
- the ability to manage and motivate diverse teams and provide exceptional support and direction along with career development
- a proactive approach to the intellectual and personal development of the pupils and the pastoral teams leading them
- a proven track record of developing and implementing policies to deliver the strategic vision of the school
- an excellent understanding of the National Minimum Standards and the ability to ensure their effective implementation
- excellent IT, time management and administrative skills.
Full details of this position and how to apply are available from http://bit.ly/QASCareers or by emailing HR@qas.org.uk
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 13 February 2018.
Queen Anne’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).