Deputy Head Teacher – Teaching and Learning
Full time – permanent. Required April 2018
“Pupils are enthusiastic in their learning …they focus well in class and are respectful of each other’s views and responses.” (Ofsted June 2017)
Selwood is a joint Church of England/Methodist foundation stand-alone Academy recognised for its warm, caring, vibrant community. We are ambitious for our students and work tightly within the Frome Learning Partnership (FLP) to strive towards a continuous excellent education at all key stages. We are currently exploring the formation of a Frome Trust MAT alongside members of the FLP. Although providing for middle school age range, the Academy is deemed as a Secondary school.
The Role of the Deputy Head Teacher is a perfect opportunity for an experienced or aspiring Deputy Head Teacher who is ready for a new and exciting opportunity to work in a Christian community dedicated to the wellbeing of staff and pupils.
Maintaining high expectations of behaviour, attendance and respect for others are essential to enable all to flourish and we therefore seek an outstanding and passionate individual to lead this essential aspect of the school.
We require someone who:
- Would be committed to meeting the individual learning needs of our diverse group of pupils
- Would be committed to implementing and sharing the ownership of the strategic direction and vision of the school
- Has a track record of raising standards in Teaching and Learning and using assessment to improve this
- Has a track record of implementing curriculum improvements
- Is passionate about working in partnership with parents and other stakeholders
- Has experience of identifying school improvement priorities and planning strategically
- Is an outstanding classroom practitioner who can lead by example and support the further development of our already highly skilled teaching team
- Is self-motivated, dynamic and has the ability to both challenge and support colleagues.
- Understands the educational needs of children across both KS2 – KS3 and can demonstrate understanding and knowledge of KS4.
This is a genuinely exciting time to join our school and make a difference to the lives of others. If you would like to visit our school please do not hesitate to contact Mrs W Barnes-Charles, Head Teachers PA at the school address.
For full details and how to apply please visit our website. Application forms must be completed we do not accept CV’s.
Closing date for this post is midday on 18 December 2017
Interviews – 24 & 25 January 2018
This post requires a criminal background check via the disclosure procedure.