Smart Teachers is recruiting for a part time Deputy Head Teacher to work in a school in Islington, North London. This fantastic position is a Key stage 1 headship, whereby the Deputy Head Teacher will have the responsibility of staff and curriculum management for the entirety of the Key stage 1 phase. Rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted the school have excellent pupil behaviour, friendly welcoming staff and parents that give the school a unique family feel to it. This community ideology, whereby parents and staff work together to provide the best possible atmosphere for teaching and learning. The successful Deputy Head Teacher will start this role in January 2018 and continue until the end of the academic year.
About the Role
· Deputy Head Teacher
· To start January 2018
· Responsibility of Key stage 1
· Extra-curricular responsibilities offered
· Part time role, up to 4 days a week
· Salary starting from £30,000 depending on experience
About the School
· Excellent pupil behaviour
· Rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted
· Friendly and welcoming staff
· Two form entry school
· Supportive SLT
· Short minutes’ walk from two local train stations with excellent transport links
In order to be considered for this role, the Deputy Head Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
· Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent leadership references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number JCS15373
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.