Permanent, Full time as in accordance with the teachers’ pay and conditions document
Walbottle Campus is an 11 to 18 secondary school, with 1650 students, which occupies a large, beautiful site in the Tyne valley. It could be described as a city school in rural surroundings, housed in a fantastic, purpose built outstanding facility.
The School requires for April or September 2018 a Deputy Head Teacher who has significant experience of leading within a secondary school. You will be joining an ambitious, supportive and dedicated Leadership Team who put teaching and learning at the heart of their vision.
At Walbottle Campus we offer:
- A school committed to raising attainment for all students of all abilities
- A commitment to professional and personal development in order to progress your career and be supported to the highest level
- A welcoming, inclusive and caring school community
- An attractive learning environment with quality resources
The successful candidate will:
- Have a proven track record in raising attainment
- Evidence of analytical techniques to ensure a data rich environment which will help students to fulfill their potential
- Be committed to high quality teaching and learning
- Be able to challenge and motivate others to achieve outstanding practice
- Be able to inspire and enthuse staff, students, parents and the wider community
- Be an outstanding classroom practitioner who can consistently deliver and model best practice
- Have a commitment to leading whole school development
- Have the ability to plan strategically and deliver on targets
- Be an excellent communicator with outstanding inter-personal skills and a proven record of successful leadership
Closing date for applications: Monday 8th January 2018 9.00 a.m.
Interviews will be held on 11th and 12th January 2018.
For further information and application forms please visit www.walbottlecampus.newcastle.sch.uk or call Mrs T Gray on 0191 2293302
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and to equality of opportunity. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.