Location: NORTH LINCOLNSHIRE - There are comprehensive, uncongested road links into North Lincolnshire
School: St. Hugh’s School
We are an outstanding special school for young people aged 11 – 19, who live within North Lincolnshire. The Governing Body of this popular, friendly and well respected school wish to appoint a highly motivated, successful and innovative practitioner to utilise their skills to lead in the further development of the school. St. Hugh’s caters for 180 students aged 11-19 years with a diverse range of learning need.
St Hugh’s School is unique in its own right. Our staff and students work together to make our school Outstanding. Our students value attending school. Their attendance has put the school in the top 25% of special schools nationally. We achieve this by ensuring our staff receive the appropriate training and that their specific skills are well placed within our school organisation. Fundamentally, we work as one team. We look after each other and ensure we can be the best we can be. Our workplace is personalised so that staff can perform to their best ability and we personalise the learning for our students so that they can achieve their full potential.
We are seeking a person with a proven track record of successful leadership in a specialist provision who is inclusive in their style and truly committed to the development of the whole child.
We can offer:
- A well resourced secondary special school environment
- A great working environment for staff where everyone is valued, included and treated with respect
- an outward facing organisation, working closely with partners and beyond
- inspirational students who love coming to school and are encouraged to develop skills and participate in life long learning
- an enthusiastic and supportive governing body that put the interests of the students first and are committed to the continual improvement of the school
- an opportunity to extend your own leadership potential within a distributed model
The successful candidate will have:
- QTS status
- a proven track record of good / outstanding teaching
- be passionate about teaching and learning within the field of SEN for students with complex needs/ASD/PMLD/SLD
- have whole school / leadership experience
- the ability to inspire others
As our Deputy Head Teacher you will be:
- an integral part of an outstanding leadership team
- given further opportunities to develop your own career progression and your role in our school
- part of a special school with a high community profile
- playing an active part in a lead teaching school – Leading Learning Forward
You will have an up-to-date knowledge of mainstream education and be experienced in translating this into a specialist setting. We are looking forward to welcoming someone with the ambition and drive to support the Head Teacher in taking the school forward.
If you believe you are the right person to join our forward thinking team and you want to make a difference to the lives of the students at St. Hugh’s, then we want to hear from you.
Informal discussions about the role along with visits to the school would be encouraged by telephoning our Head Teacher, Tracy Millard on 01724 842960.
Please note that references will be sought prior to interview and shortlisted candidates will be visited in their current school to observe them teaching.
An enhanced DBS Disclosure check will be carried out on all employees.
Application packs (including an application form) are available on the North Lincolnshire Council’s website(www.northlincs.gov.uk), the School’s website (www.st-hughs.n-lincs.sch.uk), or by telephoning or emailing the school. Tel: (01724) 842960 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
CLOSING DATE : 21st October 2019.
INTERVIEW DATE: TBC