St. Gabriel’s Catholic Primary School are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, inspirational and committed practicing Catholic to the post of Deputy Head Teacher.
The successful candidate will work with the Head Teacher, staff, Governors and Directors of the new Nicholas Postgate Catholic Academy Trust to lead and develop our happy and inclusive school to continue our work in providing excellent catholic education.
- A Christ centred school with supportive staff, parents and governors
- A school which exhibits very high standards in all areas of pupil achievement supported by a strong Catholic ethos, with Gospel values at its heart, which permeates all aspects of school life
- A dedicated, talented and professional team
- A supportive and experienced Local Governing Body totally committed to the continued development of the school community.
- Well behaved children who enjoy coming to school and are eager to learn
- A warm welcoming ethos and an outstanding sense of community through our close partnership with families, the parish and other community groups
- Excellent opportunities for continuing professional development
We are looking for a strong, dynamic and inspirational leader who:
- Promotes high expectations and will help our children to thrive in a culture that builds resilience and have a positive attitude to learning
- Believes that only the very best is good enough
- Is an outstanding classroom practitioner who motivates and inspires children and staff
- Is creative, forward thinking and skilled in leading and managing areas of school development
- Can form a strong partnership with the leadership of the school.
- Take a strategic lead role in curriculum development, teaching and learning
- Will develop the respectful and inclusive ethos of our school
Applications must be made on the CESEW application form which can be found on the Catholic Education Service Website under Application forms/Senior Leadership Application Form.
If you would like to be part of St Gabriel’s school family you are welcome to visit us before applying. This can be arranged by contacting our school Admin Assistant, Mrs Vicky Cook, between 9 am and 3.30 pm Monday to Friday on 01642 315538.
Closing Date for Applications: Friday 23rd November 2018 at 12 noon.
Shortlisting is planned to take place 28th November with interviews 6th December 2018.
Applications should be emailed to or hand delivered to Karen Clarke, Head of Human Resources: Clarke.firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. K Clarke
Head of Human Resources
Nicholas Postgate Catholic Academy Trust
Trinity Catholic College 6th Form
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment, as such this post is subject to an Enhanced DBS clearance and Childcare Disqualification Declaration.