St Joseph’s RC Primary School
Gomm Road, Lower Road, Rotherhithe, London, SE16 2TY
Required from April/September 2019
Leadership Scale( L8 – 12) £55,061 - £59,974
The governors of our outstanding school wish to appoint a Deputy Headteacher to work alongside our Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team. The successful candidate will be a committed and practising Catholic and an excellent practitioner who leads by example. They will have the skills, energy, drive and passion necessary to continue to develop and secure the very best outcomes for all our children, realising our vision: no child is left behind.
We would like to work with someone who:
• is a practising Catholic and committed to supporting the vision and ethos of a Catholic School
• is able to take an active role in the leadership and management of the school alongside the Headteacher
• will lead by example through outstanding and creative teaching which will motivate and inspire colleagues in all aspects of teaching and learning
•can coach and mentor effectively
• is innovative and forward thinking
• is reflective and focused on all children, with high expectations of their learning and behaviour
· can monitor rigorously and systematically for the progression of knowledge and skills throughout the curriculum
In return we will offer you:
• a friendly, welcoming school with a strong Catholic ethos
• enthusiastic, well-motivated children with excellent behaviour for learning
· well above average end of Key Stage Two results proven over time
· well above average progress over time across key stages
• committed and reflective staff team
• supportive parents, governors and Parishes
• a well-resourced one form entry school
• a strong focus on CPD with an excellent opportunity to develop as a leader.
The governors welcome and encourage visits from all interested applicants, therefore, should you wish to arrange an appointment, please call our school office on 02072374036 or email email@example.com
St Joseph’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Therefore, all appointments are made subject to suitable references and receipt of an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Completed application forms should be returned by post or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Noon, Monday 21st January 2019
Interviews are scheduled for: Wednesday 30th January 2019
Application packs can be requested by contacting the school office on 02072374036 or email email@example.com.