Deputy Head Teaching & Learning
Al Rabeeh School is seeking an enthusiastic, adaptable and committed Deputy Head to lead Teaching & Learning (Curriculum Enrichment, STEAM, Technology & Innovation). This position will commence from August 2020.
The Deputy Head through collaboration with the senior leadership team is responsible for curriculum design and adaptation, quality assurance, monitoring standards of teaching and learning, tracking and analysis of data, coaching and mentoring. The aim of this role is to accelerate rates of student progress to reach expected attainment levels.
Essential elements of this role are to develop an innovative curriculum which engages students and teachers in interdisciplinary education that inspires analytic thinking and creativity through experiential learning.
The Al Rabeeh name has been synonymous throughout the city for high quality education and pastoral care since 1979. It is a well-established primary school with an excellent reputation within the community of Abu Dhabi. Al Rabeeh School is one of the oldest international schools in Abu Dhabi, growing considerably over the years.
The school is the founding school of an expanding group of schools and academies, which are aiming to be the best providers of education in the Emirate. We recruit the very best teachers who can deliver our curricula in a creative, collaborative, and highly engaging manner. The school is a member of British Schools in the Middle East (BSME) and is committed to professional development and the CPD programmes BSME offers.
As a key member of the Senior Leadership Team you should already have leadership experience within a vibrant and diverse school and be ready to take on the next challenging stage of your career. The successful candidate will have the energy, charisma, personality and educational philosophy to drive standards across the phase and develop close and genuine relationships with staff, students and parents.
Applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree in Education or other relevant field with a teaching qualification, and have at least 5 years teaching experience, with at least 3 of them in a leadership role. Candidates must also have recent experience either in a UK school, or of teaching the English National Curriculum and it is essential you are a fluent English speaker.
Applicants must demonstrate:
We are seeking to appoint energetic, highly motivated and inspirational teachers to take a strategic role in the leadership and management of the school in partnership with the Principal and our aspirational senior leadership team. The successful candidate will be non-class based with some teaching responsibility and will lead on whole school initiatives. With an excellent knowledge of the English National Curriculum you will show both a commitment to, and the impact you have had, on whole school improvement.
We are looking for applicants who can demonstrate:
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of curriculum design and adaptation
- Incredibly high expectations for themselves and others
- An aptitude to lead, motivate and inspire others with a proven track record in managing change
- Ability to adapt to the local educational context of the United Arab Emirates
- Respect the views of parents, and show an appreciation for the importance of parental support in the learning process
- An excellent understanding of what makes an outstanding teacher
- A proven track record in commitment to excellence, and the maximising of academic and personal achievement for all children
- Successful performance management, quality assurance processes, monitoring and appraisal of others
- An ability to foster effective relationships with students, parents and other stakeholders
- An innovative practice and a desire for career progression
- Successful experience in school improvement planning and the school self-evaluation process
- Resilience and a solutions focused work ethic and a willingness to go the extra mile
- Experience of working in a new and developing school (advantageous)
- Experience of leadership in a 3-18 school (advantageous)
- Experience of teaching, leadership and management in the Middle East (preferable)
• Competitive salary (tax free)
• High quality furnished accommodation, plus utilities or housing allowance
• Annual return air ticket / allowance
• Comprehensive medical insurance cover
• End of service gratuity
• Visa arranged by the school
Al Rabeeh School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will be required to undergo child protection screening.
To apply please click the 'apply now' button.
Closing date for applications: 5th April 2020, but interviews may take place ahead of this date so an early application is advantageous. Please provide the details of 3 referees with your application.
While we thank all applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.