Can you take our school to the next level?
Are you committed to making a significant difference to improve children’s learning every day?
Will you ensure that children are provided with excellent learning opportunities that will have a transformational effect on children’s achievements and life chances?
If so then we want to hear from you.
Alexander McLeod is a three form entry ‘good’ school (Ofsted, April 2016) with a strong reputation in the local community and immense potential for further growth and development. Following a Challenge Partners review in December 2017 our school was judged ‘outstanding’ across all estimate areas.
We proudly celebrate the diversity of our community which is embedded into our school’s ethos and practise. Our children are articulate, motivated and enthusiastic learners, who are supported to reach their full potential by a team of highly professional, dedicated, hardworking staff committed to providing high quality learning.
The Governing Body of Alexander McLeod Primary School is seeking to appoint to the deputy headship an inspirational person with a clear educational vision and motivational leadership skills. The successful candidate will be driven by a commitment to create the best possible educational opportunities for our pupils.
As the successful candidate you will need to demonstrate:
- The ability to be able to evidence your impact on pupil progress, attainment and behaviour;
- A focus on the importance of the individual development of pupils to reach their full potential;
- An understanding of the needs of a diverse community and a strong commitment to social inclusion;
- A commitment to delivering quality professional development, skills and team building for the 21st century;
- Excellent personal skills; and
- Proven success in a range of strategic roles including data management, self-evaluation and school improvement.
In return we can offer:
- A thriving school where children are eager to learn and behave well;
- A dedicated, talented and hardworking team who believe that every child has a right to a broad and balanced curriculum and that they will all succeed to their full potential;
- Commitment to your continuing professional development;
- Excellent learning environment and grounds;
- Excellent teaching resources that are well matched to the whole curriculum;
- Strong partnerships with local schools and links with top quality educational partners and providers; and
- A very supportive and committed Governing Body and Local Authority.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to make a real difference as we embark on the next phase of our journey.
Visits to the school are welcome and actively encouraged. For further information or to book a school visit please contact our School Business Manager Nicki Bourne, on 0208 311 2266 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply:
An application pack and details of how to apply are available on the school website (alexmcleod.org.uk/Vacancies) or by emailing email@example.com.
Closing date: Monday 17th December 2018, 12pm
Shortlisting: 18th December 2018
Assessments and Interviews: 9th and 10th January 2019
Alexander McLeod Primary school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We are an equal opportunities employer. An enhanced DBS check will be carried out.
This post comes under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.
Alexander McLeod Primary School, Fuchsia Street, London, SE2 0QS.
Tel. 020 8311 2266